I am not able to Print from Microsoft Word, Excel or Adobe PDF , However, i can print from browser like Chrome.
I am also able to Print TEST PAGE via control Panel as well. While adding printer from excel, following errors occurs: The active directory service not available
OS: Windows 8.1
Some time some applications doesn’t detect printer properlly. In this we have to perfom some steps to fix it. Please follow the following steps:
1. Press “windows key + R key” together to come up run command box then type “Regedit” in this box and then click on OK to open registry editor.
2. Look on the left side pane of registry editor and click on the front arrow of “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” to expand it. You need to go to following path of regitry: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersion. Click on that “CurrentVersion” in left side pane.
3. Now do right-click on “Devices, PrinterPorts, Windows“ under CurrentVersion and click on “permissions” one by one to go to the permission settings dialog box.
4. In this permission setting dialog box you need to select you account and check the “full control” allow check box as marked and then click on apply and then Ok. Perform same steps which “PrinterPorts, Windows” under CurrentVersion too.
5. Now close the registry editor and reboot your computer.