This morning I got my homepage changed to XeeSearch.com, I don’t know what happened with my firebox I did not installed any plug-in, I am really very scared about it, how did it come. Do I have any type of virus who called XeeSearch.com to come in. I have tried to uninstall it but it even did not show in control panel and also not listed in firebox plug-ins area. How to remove XeeSearch.com need help to remove it.
XeeSearch.com is a search engine, it will set as your browser homepage without your permission and make you helpless to search into XeeSearch.com. They show you the search results with lots of advertisement and sponsored links also they can use your search terms for research. XeeSearch.com actually is categorized as an Adware, browser hijacker, PUP. It installs into computer with help of other software installers, it installs when you install that installer, you can see the installer progress but you can’t see the XeeSearch.com installation progress because it installs into computer silently. If you got infected with XeeSearch.com you also got changed lot of settings into computer like: you got changed homepage, got changed default search engine and lot of registry settings. Anyway, we are giving you the complete solution to fix that issue, please follow the below mentioned guide.
Once you got it installed into your computer it’s really very hard to remove because it is not installed itself in control panel, also will not effect if you uninstall the main software where XeeSearch.com comes along with that. You have understand the situation that you got hijacked all your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, safari. you should very carefully when you download and install any software. Decline all the software prompt while installing the software.
To protected these type of issues please keep my points in mind: You should download any software or application from their own website, do not download from the 3rd party downloading websites, because they added their sponsored Adwares along with the installer. You should more carefully while installing of any software, should un-check any unwanted checkbox and do not accept any type of unwanted software installation.
We are giving you the right removal steps to remove XeeSearch.com from your computer, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1 : To Uninstall XeeSearch.com from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista).
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You will get a window which have listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall XeeSearch.com from there.
- Also do uninstall all the programs which are listed in Suspicious Programs list below, if you find any installed into your computer. Because all these programs are unwanted. You should uninstall all them immediately if you found any.
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe gaurd
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Uninstall all the unwanted programs, which are not listed here.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.7 to remove XeeSearch.com Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla Firefox and from their registry traces as well..
Step 2 : To Remove XeeSearch.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1 : Remove XeeSearch.com from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.XeeSearch.com, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2 : Remove XeeSearch.com add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “alt” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- click on Programs tab then click on Manage Addons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed addons.
- Now disable the XeeSearch.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted addons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3 : Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab, then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove XeeSearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove XeeSearch.com from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under Startup you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.XeeSearch.com, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove XeeSearch.com from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove XeeSearch.com addon, also disable all the unknow / unwnated addons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3 : Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option. and follow their instruction to reset.
- Now your Mozilla Firefox has been Restored to default settings.
Step 4 : To Remove XeeSearch.com from Google Chrome
Step 4.1 : Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on their Set Pages. A another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page. which have listed all the installed extensions, Remove XeeSearch.com extension & also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome
- Close all Google Chrome browser’s window
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) , then you will get Run box.
- Copy and Paste this following command “as per your OS” in this Run box then click on OK button. You’ll get open a location in windows explorer.
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
DefaultWindows 7, 8, Vista
- In the default folder location, Rename a file named as “Preferences“ to “Preferences.old“
- In the same default folder location, Rename one more file named as “Web Data“ to “Web Data.old“
- Now your Google Chrome has been Restored to default settings.
Step 5 : To Remove XeeSearch.com from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “XeeSearch.com” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the XeeSearch.com string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “XeeSearch.com” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the XeeSearch.com path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 6 : To Remove XeeSearch.com from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains XeeSearch.com string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 7 : To Remove XeeSearch.com from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains XeeSearch.com. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 8 : To Remove XeeSearch.com from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the startup services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains XeeSearch.com. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To remove XeeSearch.com registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
Here is the proper step-by-step guide to remove any adware from registry, please follow the steps.
9.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
9.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
9.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the XeeSearch.com files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
9.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the XeeSearch.com files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 10 : To remove XeeSearch.com with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 11 : To remove XeeSearch.com with Malwarebytes.
11.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
11.2 : Update online Virus Definition
11.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
11.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
11.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”
(If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar)