How to Remove StudyHQ Homepage / New Tab Powered by Myway
I need to know the proper instructions to remove an adware from the computer. An Adware (StudyHQ) has been captured all the browser’s homepage setting and showing StudyHQ when I open chrome. The search page has logo named “StudyHQ powered by MW”. How do I get my homepage back? How to Remove studyHQ homepage from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome.
StudyHQ, this annoying piece of a browser extension, which is usually just called StudyHQ page, is a browser hijacker. It claims to be a toolbar that will provide useful flashcards for studying, but in fact, it exists to make money. It will change your settings in Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc. so that you always see its own page and not your homepage. This is not a virus and won’t delete your data, but it’s still a good idea to uninstall it StudyHQ right away.
As is a hijacker that is sometimes installed deliberately, usually by students who are attracted by the flashcard claims. However, the very common “bundling” trick is also used – this is when the hijacker extension is included with a normal download and set to install at the same time. Because most people rush through the quickest possible install, they don’t realize this is happening.
Once StudyHQ has installed, you will no longer see your normal homepage when you begin using your browser. Instead, you’ll be taken to what looks like a normal search page. The giveaway is the message in the top right that says “StudyHQ page by MW.” MW stands for Myway, a company that has written a large amount of adware like this. You should not use the search box, which is a version of Google packed with extra ads.
It’s certainly possible to make yourself much safer from hijackers like this on the Internet. One big help is to ensure you only get new downloads from sites that are safe, trusted, and checked. Use the “Detailed” setting in the installer to give you maximum information. Also, be skeptical about claims like the one StudyHQ uses. Many toolbars and other add-ons include hijackers, so be careful.
How to Remove StudyHQ from my PC?
There are two methods to remove StudyHQ safely, and we will show you how to do both of them. Whether you want to use an automatic method with a specially written removal tool, or a manual method where you delete the files yourself, our step by step instructions will help you to clean up your browser and say goodbye to this extremely irritating adware.
Download Adware Remover Tool to remove StudyHQ Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adware from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of StudyHQ from the registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall StudyHQ from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “StudyHQ” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling StudyHQ” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also, do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Also, uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2: To Remove StudyHQ from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove StudyHQ from the homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you will get www.StudyHQ, replace it with www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove StudyHQ add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which has listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the StudyHQ add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. An internet options window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon. Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated: “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3: To Remove StudyHQ from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove StudyHQ from Mozilla Homepage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that, a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.StudyHQ, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2: Remove StudyHQ from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove StudyHQ add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option on the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove StudyHQ from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in the very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find an option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter the only one which you want to use as your homepage.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in the very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which has listed all the installed extensions, remove StudyHQ extension. Also, remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown in screenshot)
Step 4.3: Reset Google Chrome – Restore to the default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it looks like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…” option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in the bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5: Remove StudyHQ infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari as well.
- Right -click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.StudyHQ/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Start menu.
- Remove StudyHQ infection from start menu’s shortcuts.
- Remove StudyHQ infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6: To Remove StudyHQ from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “StudyHQ” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contained the StudyHQ string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “StudyHQ” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the StudyHQ path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example of “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7: To Remove StudyHQ from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains the StudyHQ string and also remove all the unknown/unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8: To Remove StudyHQ from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which arentain StudyHQ. Also, Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9: To Remove StudyHQ from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it only displays the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which has contains StudyHQ. Also, Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10: To remove StudyHQ registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1: Download adwcleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2: Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3: When you get it started, click on scan button to search the StudyHQ files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5: When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the StudyHQ files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11: To remove StudyHQ with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12: To remove StudyHQ with Malwarebytes.
12.1: Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2: Update online Virus Definition
12.3: Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4: When the scan is done click on “Show results”
12.5: After clicking on Show result it will you another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”