How to Remove Search.htrackmyflight.co Homepage (Track My Flight)
I got Search.htrackmyflight.co on my Internet Explorer. I just have removed it from IE but couldn’t remove from chrome. I tried resetting it but Search.htrackmyflight.co is still there. How to Remove Search.htrackmyflight.co from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Don’t worry we’ll help you to remove Search.htrackmyflight.co from your all the browsers. First, we’ll tell all about it and then give its removal method.
This is actually a “browser hijacker” – a sort of adware that can switch around settings in programs like IE, Edge, and Chrome. You won’t even be asked for permission first, which is one reason why it’s strongly recommended to get rid of Search.htrackmyflight.co – luckily we can show you how to do just that!
“Bundling” is almost always the reason for infection by the Search.htrackmyflight.co hijacker. The way that works is this: you download a program from a file download host site, and install it quickly using the default settings. The hijacker has been hidden inside the download by the makers, but because you used the quick install there was no option to avoid this. It’s a very common trick.
Like most other browser hijackers, Search.htrackmyflight.co will change your homepage, so keep your eyes open when you start your web browser. If Search.htrackmyflight.co is running, you’ll be taken to a site that has a search box in the center and some buttons to popular sites underneath. There’ll also be some fine print saying “Track my Flight” in the top right. Don’t use the search, as it’s just a bad-quality version of Yahoo.
Yes, there are a number of things that you can do to make yourself safer. Delete spam email attachments without reading them and spend a little extra time during installing programs to check everything’s OK. The “Detailed” setting is likely the one you want here. Try to make sure you get new software from reliable and trustworthy websites, too. These few things and some common sense online will really reduce your risk.
How to remove Search.htrackmyflight.co?
It’s easy to remove Search.htrackmyflight.co when you know how – which is why we’ve put together friendly step by step guides to help you. Read these and you’ll discover how to use either of two methods to uninstall this annoying browser hijacker. The manual method and automatic method both work very well, it’s just a case of whether you want to delete files yourself or use a special removal tool to do it. Both the methods are given below and effective equivalently. Follow the following step by step guide how to remove Search.htrackmyflight.co completely from your computer.
Download Adware Remover Tool to remove search.htrackmyflight.co Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of search.htrackmyflight.co from the registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall search.htrackmyflight.co from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “search.htrackmyflight.co” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling search.htrackmyflight.co” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also, do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Also, uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove search.htrackmyflight.co from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove search.htrackmyflight.co from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you will get www.search.htrackmyflight.co, replace it with www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove search.htrackmyflight.co add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which has listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the search.htrackmyflight.co add-on, also disables all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. An internet options window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon. Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated: “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove search.htrackmyflight.co from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove search.htrackmyflight.co from Mozilla Homepage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that, a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.search.htrackmyflight.co, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove search.htrackmyflight.co from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove search.htrackmyflight.co add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screenshot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option on the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4: To Remove search.htrackmyflight.co from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in a very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find an option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter the only one which you want to use as your homepage.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2: Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which has listed all the installed extensions, remove search.htrackmyflight.co extension. Also, remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown in screenshot)
Step 4.3: Reset Google Chrome – Restore to the default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”o ption, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove search.htrackmyflight.co infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.search.htrackmyflight.co/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove search.htrackmyflight.co infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove search.htrackmyflight.co infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove search.htrackmyflight.co from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “search.htrackmyflight.co” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the search.htrackmyflight.co string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “search.htrackmyflight.co” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the search.htrackmyflight.co path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove search.htrackmyflight.co from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains search.htrackmyflight.co string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove search.htrackmyflight.co from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains search.htrackmyflight.co. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove search.htrackmyflight.co from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains search.htrackmyflight.co. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove search.htrackmyflight.co registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download adwcleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the search.htrackmyflight.co files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the search.htrackmyflight.co files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove search.htrackmyflight.co with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove search.htrackmyflight.co with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”