How to Remove RingtoneFanatic Toolbar (Removal Help)
I failed to remove RingtoneFanatic Toolbar from mozilla it keeps coming back on my pc, what can I do ? How to remove RingtoneFanatic toolbar? on Windows 8.1 64 bit system but it did not remove RingtoneFanatic Toolbar.
How to remove RingtoneFanatic Toolbar from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Explanation & Solution
The RingtoneFanatic toolbar is a new adware. It injects ad banners, pop ups, sponsored links or coupons. Though it claims to be helpful, it doesn’t involve legitimate promotional practices. It advertises only specific web pages of sponsors or adware owners. RingtoneFanatic is not frequently encountered at the moment. However, if it’s not removed in a timely manner, it can pose threats to user’s privacy and sensitive data.
RingtoneFanatic gets activated instantly and it interferes with the regular Internet surfing activities by displaying ads. It affects Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Right now it is not known to infect Opera or Safari. It can display fake alerts to convince the user to download viruses that will further infect the PC. Sometimes it can even disable the antivirus tool.
The users notice the RingtoneFanatic toolbar though they don’t recall installing it. There are many intrusive ads that can’t be closed. The browser is redirected to miscellaneous web pages. The homepage can be set to RingtoneFanatic.com. All the new tabs feature the RingtoneFanatic toolbar and a changed search engine.
RingtoneFanatic can be activated into your computer simply by visiting a compromised website. Opening unsafe email attachments or downloading programs from random websites also facilitate its access.
Don’t access URLs that your browser considers to be compromised. Never open spam emails and don’t open any attachments if you don’t know the recipient. Marketers and cyber criminals often use deceptive marketing strategies to infiltrate malware or viruses. During the installation of a new program, uncheck the boxes that recommend you to try additional bundled software. Get a security tool that includes real time protection.
How to remove RingtoneFanatic Toolbar
Follow the following instructions to remove RingtoneFanatic Toolbar.
If you have an anti-malware program, run it to automatically remove all of the elements of the RingtoneFanatic toolbar. Then restart your operating system. Otherwise, you’ll need to manually remove it. Access Control Panel and uninstall it. You might find it under a slightly different name. Remove it and all the other recently installed programs that don’t seem familiar. Disable it from the list of extensions and add-ons of your browsers.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.9 to remove RingtoneFanatic Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of RingtoneFanatic from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall RingtoneFanatic from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “RingtoneFanatic” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling RingtoneFanatic” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove RingtoneFanatic from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove RingtoneFanatic add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the RingtoneFanatic add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.2: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove RingtoneFanatic from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove RingtoneFanatic from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove RingtoneFanatic add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.2: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove RingtoneFanatic from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove RingtoneFanatic extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove RingtoneFanatic infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.RingtoneFanatic/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove RingtoneFanatic infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove RingtoneFanatic infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove RingtoneFanatic from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “RingtoneFanatic” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the RingtoneFanatic string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “RingtoneFanatic” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the RingtoneFanatic path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove RingtoneFanatic from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains RingtoneFanatic string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove RingtoneFanatic from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains RingtoneFanatic. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove RingtoneFanatic from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains RingtoneFanatic. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove RingtoneFanatic registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the RingtoneFanatic files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the RingtoneFanatic files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove RingtoneFanatic with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove RingtoneFanatic with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”