How to Remove QuickPhotoEdit Homepage powered by Myway (Removal Help)
I got an QuickPhotoEdit search page when I suppose to get a photo edit website online. Now it showing QuickPhotoEdit toolbar & search button whenever I open QuickPhotoEdit page and won’t go. Please guide me what to do?
Showing this address: http://hp.myway.com/quickphotoedit/ttab02/index.html?p2=%5ECGW%5Efoxyyy%5ETTAB02%5Ein&n=78486cf9&ptb=B6A55B3C-D302-41BA-87BD-4272339081DC&si=&st=tab
How to remove QuickPhotoEdit Homepage from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Solved Answer (Solution)
QuickPhotoEdit, this sounds like a useful piece of browser extensino, but it’s not – in fact, it’s a browser hijacker. This is a nasty type of adware that can take control of browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Microsoft Edge, and change their settings. This is done so that you get forced to visit paid websites and redirects, or to see paid search results. It’s best to get rid of QuickPhotoEdit right now.
Causes: Because of its misleading name, some people will install this extension hoping to get some help with their photos. However, this addon is made by MyWay which has made a lot of hijackers. For that reason, the makers know tricks like “bundling,” which is placing the hijacker inside a zip file that you download from a file host. If you use the normal, default install, the hijacker will be added to your system too!
Symptoms: You may well find that your homepage has been changed to the QuickPhotoEdit one. This has a bright green button to the right of the search box, as well as a number of buttons underneath with logos for sites like Facebook and a few photo-editing features. Don’t use these as you may risk being spied on by the hijacker. You may also see this page when you use your search browser shortcut or open a new tab.
Prevention: Yes, and it’s simple, too. Don’t install any new suspicious software if you’re not sure whether it’s OK and safe, and don’t get programs from websites you’re not sure about, either. Whenever you do install new software to your system, take some time to make sure that it’s what it says it is – so use the “Detailed” options. It’s also a good idea to stay well away from spam email attachments and unexpected pop-up ads. Don’t keep ticked any unwanted check-boxes while installing software.
How to Remove QuickPhotoEdit Search page with toolbar?
Yes, of course! In fact, we have TWO ways you can do this – just read our step by step guides and see which one suits you best. To remove QuickPhotoEdit by Myway automatically, you can run the removal tool we provide. If you prefer a manual method to an automatic one, you can delete the hijacker’s files yourself instead. Do this permanently and completely, then you’ll have a clean, fast browser again. Both options have been given below, follow the following step by step guide how to remove QuickPhotoEdit homepage completely.
Download Adware Remover Tool to remove QuickPhotoEdit Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of QuickPhotoEdit from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall QuickPhotoEdit from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “QuickPhotoEdit” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling QuickPhotoEdit” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove QuickPhotoEdit from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove QuickPhotoEdit from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you will get www.QuickPhotoEdit, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove QuickPhotoEdit add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the QuickPhotoEdit add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove QuickPhotoEdit from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove QuickPhotoEdit from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.QuickPhotoEdit, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove QuickPhotoEdit from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove QuickPhotoEdit add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove QuickPhotoEdit from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove QuickPhotoEdit extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove QuickPhotoEdit infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.QuickPhotoEdit/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove QuickPhotoEdit infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove QuickPhotoEdit infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove QuickPhotoEdit from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “QuickPhotoEdit” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the QuickPhotoEdit string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “QuickPhotoEdit” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the QuickPhotoEdit path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove QuickPhotoEdit from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains QuickPhotoEdit string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove QuickPhotoEdit from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains QuickPhotoEdit. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove QuickPhotoEdit from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains QuickPhotoEdit. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove QuickPhotoEdit registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download adwcleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the QuickPhotoEdit files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the QuickPhotoEdit files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove QuickPhotoEdit with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove QuickPhotoEdit with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”