How to Remove istsearch.com Homepage (Spellso Removal Help)
How do I remove istsearch.com? I tried but not success. Please help me to get rid of istsearch.com.
How to remove istsearch.com from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Explanation & Solution:
Istsearch.com is an Adware program & Browser Hijacker, it is a hijackware that changes your browser settings and leads you to websites to istsearch.com that you have not requested for.
Istsearch.com can infect any popular web browser that you use for surfing internet. CoolwebSearch, safewabSearch, and Conduit search engine are common browser hijackers that infect browsers of internet users.
Spellso or istsearch.com browser hijacker is a Adware that changes your homepage setting to istsearch.com without your permission. It is the most irritating problem that millions of internet users face today.
The infection of istsearch.com browser hijacker may lead to alteration of home page of your browser. It also changes the search page of your browser. It restricts you to visit reputable pages on the internet. Your current web page is flooded with advertisement pages rather that the page you are intended to visit.
You computer starts to show poor performance while you are browsing on the internet. The computer stops working more often. Computer takes more time to show you agile desktop. istsearch.com Browser becomes unresponsive frequently and at times browser closes of its own. You intend to search something and you get something else.
Clicking on a link can lead to a page that you never wanted to visit. You may not be able to change the altered homepage of your browser. Pop-ups hamper web surfing experience by appearing on websites that have no pop-ups. You get unwanted desktop icons and undesired tool bars. Some web pages get added to your favorite list without your knowledge.
Istsearch.com comes in to your computer via free downloads. It seems to you as a genuine browser and you feel like using it. It comes with a bundled package as third party software. The hijacker is capable of using cookies to trace personal information for unethical marketing usage. Most of the times you tend to download free software available on the internet. Without reading full agreement page you click on “I agree” button. It results in installation of the hijacker.
Use of good anti-virus software can prevent the problems related to browser hijacker. While installing new software don’t blindly click on “I agree” button. Read the license agreement carefully and thoroughly before clicking yes. Refrain from installing any third party software. Uninstall all the suspicious add-ons and don’t install any suspicious add-ons. You can use tools that monitor your real time browsing activities. You change your AciveX settings by opening internet options. Activate your Download signed ActiveX controls and disable all other options by visiting custom level by security through internet.
You need to check all the add-ons and extensions that you have on your browser. Remove all of them that come under your suspicion. You can restore your browser settings and host files settings. Flush your DNS cache if you see the symptoms mentioned above. You can manage your trusted site zones by removing the sites that you don’t know about. You can use trusted anti-virus software to remove the browser hijacker from your internet browser.
Anyways, We are giving you the automatic and manual method to fix this issue easily. You have to to choose one method an follow it on istsearch.com infected computer. istsearch.com will be removed completely.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.9 to remove istsearch.com Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of istsearch.com from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall istsearch.com from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “istsearch.com” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling istsearch.com” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove istsearch.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove istsearch.com from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.istsearch.com, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove istsearch.com add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the istsearch.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove istsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove istsearch.com from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.istsearch.com, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove istsearch.com from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove istsearch.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove istsearch.com from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove istsearch.com extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove istsearch.com infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.istsearch.com/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove istsearch.com infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove istsearch.com infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove istsearch.com from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “istsearch.com” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the istsearch.com string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “istsearch.com” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the istsearch.com path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove istsearch.com from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains istsearch.com string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove istsearch.com from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains istsearch.com. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove istsearch.com from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains istsearch.com. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove istsearch.com registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the istsearch.com files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the istsearch.com files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove istsearch.com with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove istsearch.com with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”