How do I get Rid of Do Searches virus – Browser Hijaker? Is Do search a virus?
Do Searches is a very bad browser hijacker. It comes into your computer through free software packages and without your permission. It is able to hijack your all internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome etc system files and registry files.
Once it is installed into your computer, it will be change your browser and internet settings including your browser home page into dosearches.com even your default search engine change into sponsored search.yahoo.com. The Do Searches homepage will display lots of advertisements and sponsored links in your search results. Every new tabs will also be redirected to do searches. May be your computer and internet speed perform very slowly. You may be found many unusual and unknown plugins are installed with your web browser. It can be change into computer registry, firewall & DNS settings etc.
This Do Searches browser hijacker is comes into your computer via with 3rd party downloading website where you are downloaded software to promote Do Searches. They only wants your clicks on their sponsored advertisements within the search results. You beware and do attention while installing any software on your computer, you should always read all terms and conditions & carefully read all the Check Boxes contents before allowing to install.
The Do searches adware program is not a malicious process in technical term and may not be called a virus, but it does change security settings within your favorite browser and is distributed by Freeware Softwares. The industry generally refers to it as a “PUP,” (Potentially unwanted program)
This is very harmful program. So you should immediately uninstall or remove this unwanted program to secure your computer. Otherwise you may be lost your browser settings. To remove DO Searches from your computer, you have to follow article steps very carefully.
1. Uninstall Do Searches from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now click on Programs –> Program and Features –> Uninstall a program (Wind7, 8, Vista)
- For XP users click on Add/Remove Programs (XP)
- You will get a window, In that window find below listed programs & do uninstall all them one by one, because all these programs are totally unwanted you should uninstall immediately.
Suspicious Programs List
- Do Searches
- WebCake 3.0
- Browser protected by conduit
- privacy safe gaurd
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazing
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.6to remove Do Searches Automatically from all of you browsers, This is a Freeware utility specially deigned for Adware Removal. This tool can remove adware from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla Firefox and their registry as well..
2. To Get rid of DoSearches.com infection from Windows shortcuts.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer / Firefox / Google Chrome and do left click on the properties option. then their properties page you will appear. Delete that following path from target field. (As per sown below screenshots)
3. As above, remove Do searches infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
4. As above, remove DO Search infection from taskbar’s Shortcuts.
2.2. To Get rid of “Do Searches” from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “alt” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.DoSearches.com, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Now Restart Internet explorer
Remove DoSearches.com from registry
- Click on Start and type Run and then type “REGEDIT” in the run box and then hit enter
- In the registry editor go to Edit menu and then click on find option, you will get edit box to search any string to registry editor
- Type in the find edit box “DoSearches.com” and click on Find Next
- The search result will highlighted that key which have the same string
- Edit that key and change the “DoSearches.com” string to “google.com“
- Use F3 key to find Next, Replace all them to “google.com”
- Then Restart the internet explorer
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet explorer and then go the Tools menu (Press “alt” key once to active Menu bar), you can also click on gear icon in IE9/IE10 then go to Internet option.
- Once you clicked on Internet option you will get an internet option window.
- Now you have to click on Advanced tab. then click on Restore Advance Setting button once and then click on RESET button
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation to get it done reset process, Tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button
- Now you will appear a popup to complete all the tasks, after completion you have to click on close button.
3. To Get rid of Do Searches from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (press “alt” key once to active menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under Startup you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.DoSearches.com, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Remove Do Searches from Firefox configuration file.
- In the Firefox type this command in the address bar “about:config” and then hit enter to open this page
- After that you will get a page which is asking for permission to open config page that confirm that please use it carefully so please click on button named as “I’ll be carefully, I promise“.
- Now you will a configuration page with search option on the top, so please type “DoSearches.com” into search bar, you will get the result.
- Replace all the string from “Do Searches” to “google”
In the search result do double click on the all entries (related to DoSearches.com) one by one, and change them to “google.com”
- You can Right click on found results one by one and choose RESET option.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Troubleshooting information” page into Firefox.
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “alt” key once to active Menu bar)
- Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information”, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option, It will take time to reset
4. To Get rid of Do Searches from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on Settings icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), Under this menu find out and click on Settings after clicking on that you will appear a configuration page.
- In the same configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on Set Pages, here you will appear the bunch of URL (Set pages), you have to delete all them and enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page find out the option named as ‘Manage search engines’ click on that, then you will get a page as Default search engine settings, here you will get some bunch of search engines, first of all change your default search engine
- Find out the google search engine and move your mouse pointer to their right side, here you will get 2 options.
- 1. Make Default
- 2. Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- Make default your google search engine, and delete all other than, one by one
Reset Google Chrome
- Close all Google Chrome browser
- Now open this following path
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) , then you will get Run box.
- Copy and Paste this following command in this Run box then hit Enter or OK
- Windows XP
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- Windows 7, 8, Vista
- In the default folder please find a file named as “Preferences“ and now just need to rename this file from “Preferences“ to “Preferences.old“
- Now Start your Google chrome.
5. To Get rid of Do Searches registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
Here is the proper step-by-step guide to remove any adware from your computer, please follow the steps.
A. Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
B. Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe)
C. Then you will see a Adwcleaner program and you will 3 button in the bottom, Search, Delete, Uninstall
D. First please click on search (as shown in below screenshot)
E. Once you click on search it will take some time, after that a notepad file will automatically open which is shows that the software found how many adwares. (as shown in below screenshot)
F. Now leave this notepad as it is and click on Delete button on the Adwcleaner program. (as shown in below screenshot)
G. Now after deletion process done, your computer will restart automatically. (as shown in below screenshot)
H. After computer restarted a notepad automatically will appear which is shows you the report of adware deleted or failed. (as shown in below screenshot)
I. Please close that notepad and run the adwcleaner once more and then now click on uninstall to uninstall Adwcleaner from your computer.
5. To Get rid of Do Searches with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
6. To Get rid of Do Searches with Malwarebytes.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
2. Update online Virus Definition
3. Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
4. When the scan done click on “Show results”
5. After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”
How to delete Do Searches homepage, How to get rid of Do Searches virus, Remove Do Searches popups ads plugin, Can’t change Do Searches homepage, Uninstall Do Searches search page, how to uninstall Do Searches from control panel, Keeps showing Do Searches, Keeps popping up Do Searches, popup Do Searches all of sudden, Deinstall Do Searches from my computer, How to clean Do Searches completely, How to clear Do Searches from my computer, Can’t remove Do Searches redirect, Can’t delete Do Searches hijacker, Couldn’t remove Do Searches toolbar virus, Won’t remove Do Searches, Remove start page Do Searches add-ons manually, How do I stop Do Searches, What is Do Searches search engine, Do Searches website always popping up.