Remove CricBuzz Toolbar (Uninstall Help)
Accidentally, I got CricBuzz Toolbar on my Internet Explorer, I don’t know how do I delete it from there, Please guide me how to Remove CricBuzz Toolbar?
CricBuzz is a simple Toolbar, but annoying thing is that it is not install directly even it install with bundle of another FREE software, and when FREE software installed, it will hijak your all the setting of browsers, seems like:- Your homepage will be changed, Your default search engine will be changed etc. with all your popular browsers Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Cricbuzz Toolbar also is a browser extension and plugin developed by Conduit Ltd. It is also categorised as a browser hijacker and “PUP” (Potentially Unwanted Program). Mainly, it comes into your computer without your permission and change your default settings. It displays lots of advertisements, sponsored links through a pop up box on your computer screen. It can control your all popular Internet search engines such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari etc.
Once it is installed into your computer, it will add the a Cricbuzz Toolbar and change your browser homepage and default search engine to search.conduit.com. Cricbuzz Toolbar is capable to change the default settings of the system such as privacy or security settings, DNS settings, registry files & host file system and many more. Cricbuzz Toolbar may also display advertisements and coupons in a popup or drop-down style menu. You may be found your computer and internet speed become slowly than usual. I can also work with all operating system like windows xp, vista, 7 and windows 8.
This is not a virus is technical terms. However, it is categorized as a browser hijacker and potentially unwanted program (PUP). Because anyone never wants to install Cricbuzz Toolbar directly, usually it installs additionally with other software packages.
Cricbuzz Toolbar comes into your computer via free software packages and can be downloaded from other malicious websites. You should always read all terms and conditions, when you download a software from internet. You should download from their official web sites.
If you want to keep secure your PC from this unwanted program, you should immediately uninstall Cricbuzz Toolbar from your computer. To get rid of Cricbuzz Toolbar, you have to follow article mentioned steps.
CricBuzz Toolbar Removal Guide:
It can be created a dangerous problem for your computer, so you should immediately must be removed Connect Toolbar to keep your computer safe from this browser hijacker. In order to remove this unwanted program, you have to follow article mentioned steps very carefully.
Step 1 : To Uninstall CricBuzz Toolbar from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Program and Features –> Uninstall a program (Wind7, 8, Vista).
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You will get a window which have listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall the programs, if you find any, from below list (Suspicious Programs list). Because all these programs are unwanted. You should uninstall all them immediately.
Suspicious Programs list
- CricBuzz Toolbar
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe gaurd
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Uninstall all the unwanted programs, which are not listed here.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.6 to remove CricBuzz Toolbar Automatically from all of you browsers, This is a Freeware utility specially deigned for Adware Removal. This tool can remove adware from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla Firefox and their registry as well..
Step 2 : To Remove CricBuzz Toolbar from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “alt” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.CricBuzz Toolbar, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Now Restart Internet explorer
Remove CricBuzz Toolbar from registry
- Click on Start and type Run and then type “REGEDIT” in the run box and then hit enter
- In the registry editor go to Edit menu and then click on find option, you will get edit box to search any string to registry editor
- Type in the find edit box “CricBuzz Toolbar” and click on Find Next
- The search result will highlighted that key which have the same string
- Edit that key and change the “CricBuzz Toolbar” string to “google.com“
- Use F3 key to find Next, Replace all them to “google.com”
- Then Restart the internet explorer
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab, then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now you will appear a popup says that complete all the tasks. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove CricBuzz Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (press “alt” key once to active menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under Startup you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.CricBuzz Toolbar, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Remove CricBuzz Toolbar from Firefox configuration file.
- In the Firefox type this command in the address bar “about:config” and then hit enter to open this page
- After that you will get a page which is asking for permission to open config page that confirm that please use it carefully so please click on button named as “I’ll be carefully, I promise“.
- Now you will a configuration page with search option on the top, so please type “CricBuzz Toolbar” into search bar, you will get the result.
- Replace all the string from “CricBuzz Toolbar” to “google”
In the search result do double click on the all entries (related to CricBuzz Toolbar) one by one, and change them to “google.com”
- You can Right click on found results one by one and choose RESET option.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Troubleshooting information” page into Firefox.
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “alt” key once to active Menu bar)
- Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information”, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option, It will take time to reset
Step 4 : To Remove CricBuzz Toolbar from Google Chrome
Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on their Set Pages. A another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page. which have installed all the extensions, Remove CricBuzz Toolbar extension & also remove all the unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Reset Google Chrome
- Close all Google Chrome browser
- Now open this following path
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) , then you will get Run box.
- Copy and Paste this following command in this Run box then hit Enter or OK
- Windows XP
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- Windows 7, 8, Vista
- In the default folder please find a file named as “Preferences“ and now just need to rename this file from “Preferences“ to “Preferences.old“
- In the same default folder please find a one more file named as “Web Data“ and now just need to rename this file from “Web Data“ to “Web Data.old“
- Now Start your Google chrome.
Step 5 : To remove CricBuzz Toolbar registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
Here is the proper step-by-step guide to remove any adware from registry, please follow the steps.
5.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
5.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
5.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the CricBuzz Toolbar files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
5.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the CricBuzz Toolbar files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 6 : To remove CricBuzz Toolbar with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 7 : To remove CricBuzz Toolbar with Malwarebytes.
7.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
7.2 : Update online Virus Definition
7.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
7.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
7.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”
Q. I wish to remove Cricbuzz Toolbar from my computer?
Q. I can’t remove Cricbuzz Toolbar from my PC?
Q. I won’t uninstall Cricbuzz Toolbar from my computer. What can i do?
Ans. Cricbuzz Toolbar is a harmful browser hijacker. So, you should immediately uninstall this adware. To remove this unwanted program, you have to follow article steps very carefully.
Q. What is Cricbuzz Toolbar?
Ans. Cricbuzz Toolbar is a potentially unwanted program and also categorized as a browser hijacker. It comes into your computer without your permission and change your default settings such DNS files, Registry files, Background color, browser homepage and many more.
Q. Is Cricbuzz Toolbar a virus?
Technically, Cricbuzz Toolbar is not a virus. However, it is categorized as “PUP” (Potentially Unwanted Program) because it comes into your computer without approval.
Q. How Cricbuzz Toolbar enters into my computer?
Ans. Cricbuzz Toolbar comes into your computer via free software packages and when you click visit on malicious websites. You should not download any software from 3rd party website.