Remove “Ads by ShowPassword” from IE/Firefox/Chrome
How to remove “Ads by ShowPassword” Virus from Internet Explorer, It’s keeps pops up on my computer screen most of the time.
“Ads by ShowPassword” Ads is an adware program which is installed into your computer and takes over all the advertisement space. It also took over Google,Yahoo,bing etc. Advertisement space, So you only get “Ads by ShowPassword” on every ads space. It is small program which is install into your all browsers addons, It has into all the browsers as a addons. So in order to remove this virus you have to follow our below mentioned steps.
“Ads by ShowPassword” is also classified as Browser Hijacker, which is designed to generate traffic and promote products for numerous commercial websites. It can affect your all popular web browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer etc.
Once “Ads by ShowPassword” is installed into your computer, you may be suffering lots of unwanted problems. This threat is capable to change the default settings of the system such as privacy or security settings, desktop background, homepage browser, DNS settings, host file system and many more. “Ads by ShowPassword” displays lots of error messages, warning alerts and advertisements with attractive offers. “Ads by ShowPassword” is able to degrade the processing speed of all functions of the system such as startup, shutdown, opening files, playing games, installing applications, internet connection etc. You may be found lots of unwanted files, folders, shortcut and icons on several location of the system and unknown add-ons are installed with your web browser without your permission.
“Ads by ShowPassword” comes into your computer with bundled of free software and when you download a free software without reading their terms and conditions. So you should always pay attention when you download a free software program. You should download from their official websites.
“Ads by ShowPassword” are not malicious virus. However it’s categorized as a browser hijacker (Adware), “PUP” (Unwanted programs). Because anyone never wants to install “Ads by ShowPassword” directly, usually it installs additionally with other software packages.
“Ads by ShowPassword” can be damaged your browser. So if you want to keep your PC safe and secure then remove Ads by ShowPassword quickly. In order to remove “Ads by ShowPassword”, you have to follow article mentioned steps very carefully.
Step 1 : To Uninstall “Ads by ShowPassword” from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Program and Features –> Uninstall a program (Wind7, 8, Vista).
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You will get a window which have listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall the programs, if you find any, from below list (Suspicious Programs list). Because all these programs are unwanted. You should uninstall all them immediately.
Suspicious Programs list
- “Ads by ShowPassword”
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe gaurd
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Uninstall all the unwanted programs, which are not listed here.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.6 to remove “Ads by ShowPassword” Automatically from all of you browsers, This is a Freeware utility specially deigned for Adware Removal. This tool can remove adware from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla Firefox and their registry as well..
Step 2 : To Remove “Ads by ShowPassword” from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “alt” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.”Ads by ShowPassword”, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Now Restart Internet explorer
Remove “Ads by ShowPassword” from registry
- Click on Start and type Run and then type “REGEDIT” in the run box and then hit enter
- In the registry editor go to Edit menu and then click on find option, you will get edit box to search any string to registry editor
- Type in the find edit box “Ads by ShowPassword” and click on Find Next
- The search result will highlighted that key which have the same string
- Edit that key and change the “Ads by ShowPassword” string to “google.com“
- Use F3 key to find Next, Replace all them to “google.com”
- Then Restart the internet explorer
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab, then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now you will appear a popup says that complete all the tasks. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove “Ads by ShowPassword” from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (press “alt” key once to active menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under Startup you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.”Ads by ShowPassword”, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Remove “Ads by ShowPassword” from Firefox configuration file.
- In the Firefox type this command in the address bar “about:config” and then hit enter to open this page
- After that you will get a page which is asking for permission to open config page that confirm that please use it carefully so please click on button named as “I’ll be carefully, I promise“.
- Now you will a configuration page with search option on the top, so please type ““Ads by ShowPassword”” into search bar, you will get the result.
- Replace all the string from “Ads by ShowPassword” to “google”
In the search result do double click on the all entries (related to “Ads by ShowPassword”) one by one, and change them to “google.com”
- You can Right click on found results one by one and choose RESET option.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Troubleshooting information” page into Firefox.
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “alt” key once to active Menu bar)
- Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information”, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option, It will take time to reset
Step 4 : To Remove “Ads by ShowPassword” from Google Chrome
Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on their Set Pages. A another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page. which have installed all the extensions, Remove “Ads by ShowPassword” extension & also remove all the unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Reset Google Chrome
- Close all Google Chrome browser
- Now open this following path
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) , then you will get Run box.
- Copy and Paste this following command in this Run box then hit Enter or OK
- Windows XP
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- Windows 7, 8, Vista
- In the default folder please find a file named as “Preferences“ and now just need to rename this file from “Preferences“ to “Preferences.old“
- In the same default folder please find a one more file named as “Web Data“ and now just need to rename this file from “Web Data“ to “Web Data.old“
- Now Start your Google chrome.
Step 5 : To remove “Ads by ShowPassword” registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
Here is the proper step-by-step guide to remove any adware from registry, please follow the steps.
5.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
5.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
5.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the “Ads by ShowPassword” files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
5.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the “Ads by ShowPassword” files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 6 : To remove “Ads by ShowPassword” with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 7 : To remove “Ads by ShowPassword” with Malwarebytes.
7.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
7.2 : Update online Virus Definition
7.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
7.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
7.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”