I got Aartemis.com, How do I remove Aartemis.com from Google chrome?
Aartemis.com is a browser hijacker and also classified as a “PUP” (Potentially Unwanted Program). It comes into your computer via free software packages and changes your default settings. Aartemis.com can corrupt all the most common used browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
Once Aartemis.com installed into your computer, you will find your default home page changed in to Aartemis.com and your default search engine changed into search.yahoo.com. It can change your DNS settings, Registry files and firewall settings also. Aartemis.com seems like it is a genuine and really helpful search providers for it provides multiple search services and short
links, such as Amazon, eBay and many others. It is works with all operating systems including windows xp, vista, 7 and windows 8. It display lots of unwanted advertisements and sponsored links in your search result. You may be found many useless plugins are installed with your browsers without your permission. Your computer and internet speed perform very slowly than usual.
Technically, Aartemis.com is not a virus. However, it comes into your computer without your
approval and changes your browser settings so it is categorized as a browser hijacker and “PUP” (Potentially Unwanted Program).
Aartemis.com usually comes into user’s computer bundled with third parties source and when you click on malicious links. You must read all terms and conditions during any software installation process. You should always pay attention when you download free software from internet.
This is very harmful program to your computer. So you should immediately uninstall Aartemis.com from your computer. Otherwise you may be lost your web browser. Quickly follow the article mentioned steps very carefully to get rid of Aartemis.com from your computer.
Aartemis.com Removal Guide:
It can be created a dangerous problem for your computer, so you should immediately remove Aartemis.com to keep your computer safe from this browser hijacker. In order to remove this unwanted program, you have to follow article mentioned steps very carefully.
1. Uninstall Aartemis.com program from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now click on Programs –> Program and Features –> Uninstall a program (Wind7, 8, Vista)
- For XP users click on Add/Remove Programs (XP)
- You will get a window, In that window find below listed programs & do uninstall all them one by one, because all these programs are totally unwanted you should uninstall immediately.
Suspicious Programs List
- WebCake 3.0
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- privacy safe gaurd
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazing
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Download Adware Remover Tool to remove Aartemis.com Automatically from all of you browsers, This is a Freeware utility specially deigned for Adware Removal. This tool can remove adware from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla Firefox and their registry as well..
2. To Remove Aartemis.com Browser Hijaker Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “alt” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.Aartemis.com, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Now Restart Internet explorer
Remove Aartemis.com from registry
- Click on Start and type Run and then type “REGEDIT” in the run box and then hit enter
- In the registry editor go to Edit menu and then click on find option, you will get edit box to search any string to registry editor
- Type in the find edit box “Aartemis.com” and click on Find Next
- The search result will highlighted that key which have the same string
- Edit that key and change the “Aartemis.com” string to “google.com“
- Use F3 key to find Next, Replace all them to “google.com”
- Then Restart the internet explorer
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet explorer and then go the Tools menu (Press “alt” key once to active Menu bar), you can also click on gear icon in IE9/IE10 then go to Internet option.
- Once you clicked on Internet option you will get an internet option window.
- Now you have to click on Advanced tab. then click on Restore Advance Setting button once and then click on RESET button
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation to get it done reset process, Tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button
- Now you will appear a popup to complete all the tasks, after completion you have to click on close button.
3. To Remove Aartemis.com Adware from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (press “alt” key once to active menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under Startup you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.Aartemis.com, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Remove Aartemis.com from Firefox configuration file.
- In the Firefox type this command in the address bar “about:config” and then hit enter to open this page
- After that you will get a page which is asking for permission to open config page that confirm that please use it carefully so please click on button named as “I’ll be carefully, I promise“.
- Now you will a configuration page with search option on the top, so please type “Aartemis.com” into search bar, you will get the result.
- Replace all the string from “Aartemis” to “google”
In the search result do double click on the all entries (related to Aartemis.com) one by one, and change them to “google.com”
- You can Right click on found results one by one and choose RESET option.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Troubleshooting information” page into Firefox.
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “alt” key once to active Menu bar)
- Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information”, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option, It will take time to reset
4. To Remove Aartemis.com PUP from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on Settings icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), Under this menu find out and click on Settings after clicking on that you will appear a configuration page.
- In the same configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on Set Pages, here you will appear the bunch of URL (Set pages), you have to delete all them and enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page find out the option named as ‘Manage search engines’ click on that, then you will get a page as Default search engine settings, here you will get some bunch of search engines, first of all change your default search engine
- Find out the google search engine and move your mouse pointer to their right side, here you will get 2 options.
- 1. Make Default
- 2. Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- Make default your google search engine, and delete all other than, one by one
Reset Google Chrome
- Close all Google Chrome browser
- Now open this following path
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) , then you will get Run box.
- Copy and Paste this following command in this Run box then hit Enter or OK
- Windows XP
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- Windows 7, 8, Vista
- In the default folder please find a file named as “Preferences“ and now just need to rename this file from “Preferences“ to “Preferences.old“
- Now Start your Google chrome.
5. To remove Aartemis.com registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
Here is the proper step-by-step guide to remove any adware from your computer, please follow the steps.
A. Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
B. Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe)
C. Then you will see a Adwcleaner program and you will 3 button in the bottom, Search, Delete, Uninstall
D. First please click on search (as shown in below screenshot)
E. Once you click on search it will take some time, after that a notepad file will automatically open which is shows that the software found how many adwares. (as shown in below screenshot)
F. Now leave this notepad as it is and click on Delete button on the Adwcleaner program. (as shown in below screenshot)
G. Now after deletion process done, your computer will restart automatically. (as shown in below screenshot)
H. After computer restarted a notepad automatically will appear which is shows you the report of adware deleted or failed. (as shown in below screenshot)
I. Please close that notepad and run the adwcleaner once more and then now click on uninstall to uninstall Adwcleaner from your computer.
5. To remove Aartemis.com virus with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
6. To remove Aartemis.com Adware with Malwarebytes.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
2. Update online Virus Definition
3. Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
4. When the scan done click on “Show results”
5. After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”
- How to delete Aartemis.com homepage
- How to get rid of Aartemis.com virus
- Remove Aartemis.com popups ads plugin
- Can’t change Aartemis.com homepage
- Uninstall Aartemis.com search page
- how to uninstall Aartemis.com from control panel
- Keeps showing Aartemis.com
- Keeps popping up Aartemis.com
- popup Aartemis.com all of sudden
- Deinstall Aartemis.com from my computer
- How to clean Aartemis.com completely
- How to clear Aartemis.com from my computer
- Can’t remove Aartemis.com redirect
- Can’t delete Aartemis.com hijacker
- Couldn’t remove Aartemis.com toolbar virus
- Won’t remove Aartemis.com
- Remove start page Aartemis.com add-ons manually
- How do I stop Aartemis.com
- What is Aartemis.com search engine
- Aartemis.com website always popping up
Q. I wish to remove Aartemis.com from my computer?
Q. I can’t remove Aartemis.com from my PC?
Q. I won’t uninstall Aartemis.com from my computer. What can i do?
A. Aartemis.com is a harmful browser hijacker. So, you should immediately uninstall this adware. To remove this unwanted program, you have to follow article steps very carefully.
Q. What is Aartemis.com?
Ans. Aartemis.com is a potentially unwanted program and also categorized as a browser hijacker. It comes into your computer without your permission and change your default settings such DNS files, Registry files, Background color, browser homepage and many more.
Q. Is Aartemis.com a virus?
Ans. Technically, Aartemis.com is not a virus. However, it is categorized as “PUP” (Potentially Unwanted Program) because it comes into your computer without approval.
Q. How Aartemis.com enters into my computer?
Ans. Aartemis.com comes into your computer via free software packages and when you click visit on malicious websites. You should not download any software from 3rd party website.