Explorer has features missing
So this has happened when I tried to Rate my system Start>Right Click Computer>System Rating is Not available.
After sometime, I cancelled the process. And Explorer seems not to be working properly after it happened.
•Desktop Icons particuraly Libraries, HomeGroup, User, Computer, Network and Controlling doesn’t appear. Other icons seems to be working fine
•Taskbar and Start Menu can’t save any Shortcuts. I tried to manually put shortcuts but nothing happens.
•When right clicking and go to new, there will be no options. Just (Empy)
•When openning an unknown extention file, checking the option “Always use the selected program to open this file” doesn’t do anything.
That are the problems I detected for now
My system is running on Windows 7 Ultimate. Restoring it would mean deleting all the programs and drives the Unit has so if possible, I don’t want to rely on restoring it.
Incomplete windows update could be the cause of this problem OR maybe a virus did that. Anyway, we recommend you some steps, please follow them and let us know the result. If this doesn’t work then we’ll give you further steps.
First we have to make your computer is virus free. So please follow the follolwing steps.
- Uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs from control panel which you may got installed recently. You can click on “installed on” section in control panel –> “uninstall programs” to filter this list by the date. You can use REVO Uninstaller Tool if you face any problem while uninstalling any program. (Note: you can skip that step if you don’t see any unwanted / unknown program)
- Download & Run a scan with an anti-adware (Adwcleaner). Click here to download “Adwcleaner.exe“.
- Download & Run an Anti-malware scan (Malwarebyes) scan. Click here to download: Malwarebytes.
- Download & Run Hitman-Pro Anti-malware. Click here to download Hitman Pro – 32bits | Hitman Pro – 64 bit.
- Download & Run Hitman-Pro Anti-malware. Click here to download
Trojan Removal Tool
- Clean all your junk files using TFC Cleaner
Your Question1: As you stated, in desktop you doesn’t appear some icons, like Mycomputer, Network, Control Panel etc.
Answer: These icons are not show in fresh installed windows. So you have to bring them to desktop manually.
Your Question2: Taskbar and Start Menu can’t save any Shortcuts. I tried to manually put shortcuts but nothing happens.
Your Question3: When right clicking and go to new, there will be no options. Just (Empy)
Your Question4: When openning an unknown extention file, checking the option “Always use the selected program to open this file” doesn’t do anything.
Answer of question 2, 3, 4: All these symptoms are directly sign that your windows is not installed properlly. We recommend you to please re-install your windows again.