I got Yeabests.cc – now I can’t remove Yeabests.cc from my computer. Please help, I want to know how to remove Yeabests.cc from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox?
This software goes by two names – Yeabests.cc and TopYea – but both refer to the same thing. That’s a browser hijacker, which is an annoying type of software that, without any go-ahead from you, changes settings on web browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox. Though it doesn’t delete files like a virus, you should still get rid of it as it can have other harmful effects.
The likely route it will take is being “bundled” with other software that’s being hosted on free file download websites. These are often not well curated, so it’s easy for unwanted adware like this to be included in file archives. If you don’t stop to change installation settings, you may well find that the hijacker has been added to your system – this program can hit both PCs and Macs – without you even knowing it!
Normally, when you load up your internet browser, you’ll be taken to the homepage you’ve set. If you have Yeabests.cc (TopYea) infection, that won’t happen. You’ll be redirected to the hijacker’s own site, which shows a “TopYea” logo (even on the Yeabests.cc version of the adware) and a lot of app buttons. You shouldn’t use this site, as it will provide biased results and popup ads, and may send you to sites hosting malicious software.
Because this particular hijacker has two names, it’s necessary to be even more careful than usual when browsing. Only download software from trusted locations, and get rid of all links you have to suspicious sites. Delete all spam emails with attachments without looking at them. Finally, when you install any new program, use the “detailed install” options, and spend time reading the details of which files are being added.
More detail: This is a browser hijacker – a type of adware, meaning software which is intended to serve you with unwanted commercial messages or redirect you to websites sponsored by its backers. Unlike most other hijackers, this one goes under TWO names – TopYea is exactly the same as Yeabests.cc, and will have the same effects. Another unusual feature is that it doesn’t only hit Windows computers, but also Mac OS X systems – so you’re not exempt just because you have an Apple! All the main browsers on both types of system – Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer – are vulnerable to attack, which makes it urgent that you get rid of it. We will explain how to do this, so please keep reading.
There are several ways that this can happen. A few are rare, such as being hidden in an attachment sent with a spam email. The confusing double name of the adware also means that it’s occasionally installed deliberately, when a user is misled into believing that it’s genuine. By far the most common way to be infected, though, is via an insecure free file download site. On a site like this, it’s easy for the adware owners to silently “bundle” it with another piece of software, and name the package to look as though only the main program is included. If you install it and don’t switch away from the default, automatic settings, the hijacker will be pre-selected for installation without you giving permission.
The most obvious thing a browser hijacker will do is to switch your usual homepage to a sponsored site. When you start up an infected browser, you will immediately be taken to either the Yeabests or the TopYea site. Despite the different names, both these sites look exactly the same, with a fake Google-branded search box above 16 colorful buttons advertising popular sites like YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, etc. If you enter any searches, you’ll be redirected to a biased page full of advertising links. Don’t follow these, as some of the pages listed may contain viruses or other malware. Other possible signs of infection include large numbers of pop-up ads, slow browsing due to spying tracking software, or even firewall breaches.
Yes, although the fact that Yeabests.cc (TopYea) has multiple names means that you will need to be extremely watchful. Most importantly of all, you should stay well away from any free file host or download site that is not trustworthy. Every time you visit such a side, think about whether it’s legitimate and genuine. If you have any doubts, leave immediately and delete it from your browser’s bookmarks. Even when you are comfortable with downloading new software, it’s still important to check that it’s not adding anything you don’t want to your system. At the start of the install process, stop the installer and switch it to “detailed” mode, which will tell you precisely which files are included.
Whichever variant of the hijacker you have discovered, the method to uninstall it is similar. Because the adware goes by more than one name, it’s even more crucial than usual to stop yourself from trying to do everything manually. If you attempt that, you’ll likely either accidentally delete some files you want, or miss out on erasing some parts of the offending adware. This would mean you still had a problematic system, so you’re strongly recommended to use the other approach. This is to use a small piece of software written specifically to clean your computer fast and safely. If you continue to read our site, we’ll give you simple instructions on how to get a tool like this, as well as how to use it.
How to remove Yeabests.cc?
This is an area where the two names of Yeabests.cc (TopYea) make it particularly vital to avoid trying to delete the files one by one yourself. There is an extremely high chance that doing that will lead to failure and a computer which remains compromised. A far better option is to use a specially designed adware removal tool – and you can find out how to obtain and use one by simply reading our straightforward guide right here!
Download Adware Remover Tool to remove Yeabests.cc Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of Yeabests.cc from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall Yeabests.cc from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “Yeabests.cc” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling Yeabests.cc” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove Yeabests.cc from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove Yeabests.cc from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you will get www.Yeabests.cc, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove Yeabests.cc add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the Yeabests.cc add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Yeabests.cc from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Yeabests.cc from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.Yeabests.cc, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove Yeabests.cc from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Yeabests.cc add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove Yeabests.cc from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove Yeabests.cc extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove Yeabests.cc infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.Yeabests.cc/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove Yeabests.cc infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove Yeabests.cc infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove Yeabests.cc from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Yeabests.cc” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Yeabests.cc string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “Yeabests.cc” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Yeabests.cc path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove Yeabests.cc from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains Yeabests.cc string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove Yeabests.cc from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains Yeabests.cc. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove Yeabests.cc from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Yeabests.cc. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove Yeabests.cc registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Yeabests.cc files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the Yeabests.cc files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove Yeabests.cc with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove Yeabests.cc with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”