How to Remove Trustedsurf.com Homepage (Removal Help)
I want to get rid of trustedsurf.com from my computer for forever. Please help me and give me the exact way how I can remove trustedsurf.com from internet explorer, google chrome, mozilla firefox. Anytime I open my webpage https://us.yahoo.com I am getting this stinking webpage instead. I deleted it but it isn’t in my programs at all to find and no other once not I should delete. I turn off and on my computer multiple times but it doesn’t do either nothing to fix the problem.
The problem is: http://trustedsurf.com/?ssid=1459538848&a=1026399&src=sh&uuid=fa307e94-7208-4a2d-aaff-f5045fd960bb
The one thing it shouldn’t be is trusted! That’s because it’s a browser hijacker, a class of adware that will, without your permission, change the settings in web browsers. That’s not just Internet Explorer – it can hit programs like Chrome and Firefox as well. Since Trustedsurf.com is an all-round bad program in reality – though it won’t delete your data like a virus – it’s recommended to uninstall it immediately.
Some of the time, people download and install files like this deliberately, perhaps because they’ve believed an ad that says Trustedsurf.com will help you to browse more effectively. It sounds good, but it’s untrue. The other common way, which is more usual, is that the hijacker will be included with a second, legitimate program. Using the auto installer as most people do will put both the real file and the adware on your computer.
Symptoms: If your computer’s been infected with this plugin, you’ll know when you start your browser, since you’ll be redirected away from your usual homepage and to the Trustedsurf.com site. This can be recognized by the line of dock-style buttons running across the bottom of the page, the first two of which are for live.com and eBay. This page will also appear when you try to search, and sometimes even when you start up a new tab.
The best advice of all is this – don’t install anything unless you know what it is. That means selecting the “detailed” or “expert” options in the installer, and keeping a careful watch on what’s added to your system. If you see anything that makes you uncomfortable, stop and delete it. Second, remove any bookmarked websites you don’t trust. Finally, watch for ads that claim they’re for browser helpers – many, like this, are fakes!
What’s the best way to get rid of Trustedsurf.com?
There’s only one realistic way for the vast majority of people to safely uninstall trustedsurf.com like this, and that’s to use a specially adware removal tools to do the hard work automatically. Fortunately, we have one right here, and we’ll show you how to use it! The alternative option is to try to delete everything one file at a time, but this is extremely tedious and can often lead to mistakes. It’s much better to use the tool. Manual removal method is also identically effected. You can opt one option from both and apply on your computer to effected. adware permanently from your computer.
Download Adware Remover Tool to remove trustedsurf.com Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of trustedsurf.com from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall trustedsurf.com from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “trustedsurf.com” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling trustedsurf.com” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove trustedsurf.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove trustedsurf.com from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you will get www.trustedsurf.com, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove trustedsurf.com add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the trustedsurf.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove trustedsurf.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove trustedsurf.com from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.trustedsurf.com, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove trustedsurf.com from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove trustedsurf.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove trustedsurf.com from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove trustedsurf.com extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove trustedsurf.com infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.trustedsurf.com/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove trustedsurf.com infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove trustedsurf.com infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove trustedsurf.com from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “trustedsurf.com” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the trustedsurf.com string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “trustedsurf.com” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the trustedsurf.com path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove trustedsurf.com from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains trustedsurf.com string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove trustedsurf.com from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains trustedsurf.com. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove trustedsurf.com from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains trustedsurf.com. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove trustedsurf.com registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the trustedsurf.com files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the trustedsurf.com files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove trustedsurf.com with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove trustedsurf.com with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”