How to Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar (Removal Help)
TranslationBuddy Toolbar shows on the top of my Internet Explorer homepage. I have removed it from extensions but it keeps coming back again and again once i reboot my computer. I don’t know how to remove it from my computer, could you please help me how to fix it.
How to remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Update 17/6/2016: We just have added some more traces of TranslationBuddy into our tool’s definition. Now, our tool is more efficiently remove TranslationBuddy. Please email us if it you have any problem while removing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TranslationBuddy name makes it sound as though it’s a really useful browser extension to help with foreign language pages. In fact, it’s something different – a potentially unwanted program. Like other browser hijackers, this adware will make your browser point to commercially driven websites, and in some cases these can be dangerous to visit. If you encounter TranslationBuddy Toolbar, make sure you uninstall it immediately.
How can it get to my computer?
This addon is a little different from most browser hijackers and other adware, since it’s much more likely to be installed deliberately. The programmers have really made it appear like a legitimate helper utility, and so many people download it knowingly. Like other plugins, though, it’s also quite often found accompanying another program, with the two bundled together for download on a free file host.
How can I tell if I’ve been hit by TranslationBuddy Toolbar?
Obviously, if you downloaded it deliberately, you’ll already know that you have this program, so keep reading. But if it was installed without your knowledge, you’ll notice an extra line below the location bar of Chrome, Firefox, or IE. This will include the Translation Buddy and Ask logos, plus a small search box and several text links. You may find this toolbar activating whenever you search, even if you don’t want it to.
Is it possible to guard against TranslationBuddy Toolbar?
Yes, as long as you’re careful. Whenever you see something like this that appears to be a genuine toolbar, stop and check first to see whether it’s been reported as adware or similar. If it has, stay well away! There are legitimate translator utlities, but this isn’t one of them. Also, whenever you install a new program you’ve downloaded, be certain to check the “detailed” option, which will show you every file that’s included.
If I have TranslationBuddy Toolbar installed, how can I delete it?
There are two ways to fix it, through adware removal tools or manual removal steps. Both methods are effective. But we recommend removal tool instead of manual removal. A far better way to get rid of TranslationBuddy Toolbar is to follow our easy removal guide, which will explain how to use a special tool to uninstall TranslationBuddy Toolbar fully. Both are the steps given below, follow the steps that are given below.
Download Adware Remover Tool to remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of TranslationBuddy Toolbar from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall TranslationBuddy Toolbar from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “TranslationBuddy Toolbar” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling TranslationBuddy Toolbar” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you will get www.TranslationBuddy Toolbar, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the TranslationBuddy Toolbar add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.TranslationBuddy Toolbar, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser.
Step 3.2 : Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot).
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.TranslationBuddy Toolbar/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “TranslationBuddy Toolbar” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the TranslationBuddy Toolbar string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “TranslationBuddy Toolbar” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the TranslationBuddy Toolbar path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains TranslationBuddy Toolbar string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains TranslationBuddy Toolbar. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains TranslationBuddy Toolbar. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the TranslationBuddy Toolbar files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the TranslationBuddy Toolbar files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot).
Step 11 : To remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”