How to Remove Search.pikatika.com Homepage (Removal Help)
I got an unusual homepage (Search.pikatika.com). How do I remove search.pikatika.com from my firefox? Please giove me a right method to remove Search.pikatika.com.
How to remove Search.pikatika.com from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Solved Answer (Solution)
Sure, we’ve a proper solution to remove Search.pikatika.com. You just need to follow the following instructions to remove it. It’s a browser hijacker, a very irritating kind of software that targets your web browser and tries to change its settings so it can keep redirecting you to misleading sites. It does this in order to try to promote paid and sponsored content, but this can be dangerous as you don’t know where you’re being sent. Unlike many hijackers, Search.pikatika.com most of lt targets Mac OS, so the Safari browser is most at risk.
Infection Cause: This mostly happens when you download programs from file hosts that are not safe or secure. The download includes the program you wanted, but it also includes the Search.pikatika.com software and installing adds both to your Apple Mac at the same time. This is most likely to happen when you choose the quickest installation options, because these don’t pause to ask your permission before adding everything in the download.
Symptoms: When you open up your browser, you’d normally see the standard homepage you’ve set, but with Search.pikatika.com open up at sartup, this doesn’t happen. Instead, you get the hijacker’s own page. This has the title “Web Search” and shows a plain white page with a search box and a few links in a bar at the top. The search is a customized version of Bing, but it’s less reliable than the real one because it pushes paid results up the hits list.
Prevention: If you keep an eye out and are careful online, that will lower your risk by quite a bit. So, only download software from reliable sources and don’t rush through installation of any new programs. Instead, pick the “Detailed” or “Custom” options, and carefully check everything that’s going on. If you see something that doesn’t seem right, stop the installation and delete all files, as well as bookmarks to the site in question.
How do I uninstall Search.pikatika.com?
You can remove Search.pikatika.com surely if you follow our friendly, step by step guide which is given below. We’ll tell you how to get rid of the hijacker in two ways, and you can select the one you want to use. There’s a removal tool-based method which is automatic and will completely delete the hijacker. Alternatively, you get rid of it with a manual method, involving deleting files from the hard drive yourself. Follow the following step by step guide how to remove Search.pikatika.com from computer.
Download Adware Remover Tool to remove
Search.pikatika.com Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This
tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the
traces of Search.pikatika.com from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall Search.pikatika.com from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on ControlPanel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a programor Program and Features (Windows-7, 8,Vista).You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/RemovePrograms.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “Search.pikatika.com” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem
while uninstalling Search.pikatika.com” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool.
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programslist”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem
while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download (Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove Search.pikatika.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove Search.pikatika.com from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu(Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click onInternet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click onGeneral tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you will get www.Search.pikatika.com, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove Search.pikatika.com add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu(press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the Search.pikatika.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwantedadd-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on InternetOption. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESETbutton.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal settingthen click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Search.pikatika.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Search.pikatika.com from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’tappear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Understart-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.Search.pikatika.com, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove Search.pikatika.com from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press“F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Search.pikatika.com add-on, also disable all theunknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press“F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshootinginformation”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of thepage.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove Search.pikatika.com from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages“click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only onewhich you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located invery top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions,remove Search.pikatika.com extension. Also remove all theunknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menuicon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advancedsettings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more andclick on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window andreopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove Search.pikatika.com infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like:
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on theproperties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.Search.pikatika.com/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all
location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove Search.pikatika.com infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove Search.pikatika.com infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove
Search.pikatika.com from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box thenclick on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Search.pikatika.com” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Search.pikatika.com string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains”Search.pikatika.com” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Search.pikatika.com path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove Search.pikatika.com from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click onthe computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage windowwill appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “TaskScheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have containsSearch.pikatika.com string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove Search.pikatika.com from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box thenclick on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, hereyou’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which iscontains Search.pikatika.com. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove Search.pikatika.com from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box thenclick on OK.. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “HideWindows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, nowlook on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Search.pikatika.com. AlsoUn-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove Search.pikatika.com registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner
from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Search.pikatika.com files and
registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all
the Search.pikatika.com files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove Search.pikatika.com with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove Search.pikatika.com with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free,
then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found
threats. Click on “Remove Selected”