How to Remove Media Watch (Ads by Media Watch) from IE, Chrome, Firefox
Hi, My earlier problem “slow PC due to ads” is resolved. I am facing an issue that- After opening any website , the website content text gets converted into several individual links, through which advertisements (E.g. Ads by Media watch) are popping in. At the same time, Antivirus is reporting a probable virus, making browsing a disturbing task. Can you help me how to remove “Ads by Media Watch” ?
Media Watch is a very bad Adware program which display you lots of sponsored advertisements and lots of text ads in the contents of websites. Media Watch installs as a plugin into your browsers and once you get it installed you get the same advertisements to all websites which you open. It seems like that it has taken over all the settings of browser, browsers should not allow any of plugin to install if the plugin not a legitimate plugin. Anyway, we have the proper solution to fix that issue, in order to fix it you have to follow some of our instructions, so please follow the below instructions.
You’ll be shocked when you know that how Media Watch comes into computer. Let’s know, Media Watch installs into computer with the help of other software/installer, the shocking thing is that when the Media Watch is installing into your computer you even don’t know about that and even you don’t see any type of progressing screen so that you can find something is installing into your computer, it installs silently that why it is categorized as a browser hijacker. So please be careful while installing any software.
We are giving you the example on it: Suppose, you want to download and install MP3 player into your computer to playing the mp3 format files, you searched it into internet search engine and you got some results and you chosen once and download it and install it from there. But you know that where you are download & installed mp3 player that websites is 3rd party downloading website, actually they added their sponsored Ad-wares into their installer, they won’t offer you to download the original file to download. When you are installing the downloaded mp3player, you got lots of other Media Watch type Adwares/Virus/Malwares in the background of that installer. So please beware from that type of scams.
In technical terms, Media Watch is not a virus but it’s not less than virus, it’s really very hard to remove because it’s won’t allow you to uninstall itself.
We have done lots of research on Media Watch v1.1 and got the right solution to fix that issue, we share them to you. Please follow the following instruction to get rid of Media Watch.
Step 1 : To Uninstall Media Watch from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista).
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You will get a window which have listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall Media Watch from there.
- Also do uninstall all the programs which are listed in Suspicious Programs list below, if you find any installed into your computer. Because all these programs are unwanted. You should uninstall all them immediately if you found any.
Suspicious Programs list
- Media Watch
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe gaurd
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Uninstall all the unwanted programs, which are not listed here.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.8to remove Media Watch Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla Firefox and from their registry traces as well..
Step 2 : To Remove Media Watch from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1 : Remove Media Watch add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “alt” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- click on Programs tab then click on Manage Addons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed addons.
- Now disable the Media Watch add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted addons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.2 : Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab, then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Media Watch from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Media Watch from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Media Watch addon, also disable all the unknow / unwnated addons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.2 : Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option. and follow their instruction to reset.
- Now your Mozilla Firefox has been Restored to default settings.
Step 4 : To Remove Media Watch from Google Chrome
Step 4.1 : Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on their Set Pages. A another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page. which have listed all the installed extensions, Remove Media Watch extension & also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome
- Close all Google Chrome browser’s window
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) , then you will get Run box.
- Copy and Paste this following command “as per your OS” in this Run box then click on OK button. You’ll get open a location in windows explorer.
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
DefaultWindows 7, 8, Vista
- In the default folder location, Rename a file named as “Preferences“ to “Preferences.old“
- In the same default folder location, Rename one more file named as “Web Data“ to “Web Data.old“
- Now your Google Chrome has been Restored to default settings.
Step 5 : To Remove Media Watch from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Media Watch” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Media Watch string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “Media Watch” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Media Watch path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 6 : To Remove Media Watch from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains Media Watch string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 7 : To Remove Media Watch from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains Media Watch. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 8 : To Remove Media Watch from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the startup services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Media Watch. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To remove Media Watch registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
Here is the proper step-by-step guide to remove any adware from registry, please follow the steps.
9.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
9.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
9.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Media Watch files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
9.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the Media Watch files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 10 : To remove Media Watch with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 11 : To remove Media Watch with Malwarebytes.
11.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
11.2 : Update online Virus Definition
11.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
11.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
11.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”
Search in terms:
- How to remove “Ads by Media Watch”
- Media Watch Removal guide
- remove Media Watch
- How to get rid of Media Watch
- Uninstall “Ads by Media Watch”
- Stop “Ads by Media Watch”
- delete “Ads by Media Watch”