What is Mapsnow.co?
Mapsnow.co is a browser hijacker – a malware that modifies a user’s browser settings stealthily without the user’s consent or knowledge. The malware changes the browser homepage to www.maspnow.co redirecting search queries to other search engines like Yahoo.com. There several ways to remove Mapsnow.co. The main ones include.
How to Remove Mapsnow.co?
1. Remove Maps Now from browser extensions
- To remove MapsNow from Chrome, go to the settings by clicking on the menu icon located at the top-right corner of your browser, select one more tools, and click on Extensions.
- Locate MapsNow among other suspicious browser add-ons. Remove them. Alternatively, you can go to settings and click on disable MapsNow on the startup section. Look for MapsNow URL below the open specific page/set of pages option. Select remove or disable, if the option is present.
2. Resetting browser settings
You can try to remove the Maps Now adware from your browser by checking individual browser extensions and uninstalling suspicious extensions; however, this method will take a lot of time, and the adware doesn’t have a definite name. As a result, you may not find the exact browser extension or end up removing a harmless extension. This makes it better to reset your entire browser settings.
The fastest and easiest way to remove mapsnow.co adware is to reset your browser to default settings. This will vary depending on your default browser. However, every browser has a settings feature you can click on and reset your browser to original settings. Here’s the procedure for resetting Chrome back to default settings.
3. Remove Mapsnow.co using Zemana Anti-Malware
You can use Zemana, the most popular anti-malware software. The software is Free initially, so you don’t need to pay anything. Just download Zemana from the official website.
Proceed by installing the setup file and scan your computer to get rid of Mapsnow and any other malware that may be present.