Whenever I go online, I am occasionally redirected to a launchpage.org search page. A couple of the web pages that load without my asking are weevah2.top, and launchpage.org, among other ones. Could you please help me on how to remove launchpage.org from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer?
Sure, we’ll help you how you can remove launchpage.org from your computer. First, we’ll start with what is launchpage.org? and how it cames into a computer. After that we’ll go through the launchpage.org removal process. Let’s start or click here to go to direct removal steps.
For a start, it’s something you almost certainly don’t want. At its heart, it’s a browser hijacker, which means software that takes control of your web browser and makes it do annoying things. These can include redirecting you to unwanted websites or showing ads. However, this particular hijacker is not as simple as that, as it has several other tricks up its sleeve. That makes it a little harder to remove than a lot of similar adware. Don’t worry, it is still possible to get rid of launchpage.org – but you need to know what you’re doing. That’s where our handy guide comes in, so keep reading!
You may see conflicting information about this online, and that’s because launchpage.org has been around a long time and has been changed by its owners to make it more dangerous. When it first appeared, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome were the ones that got hit, so it was fairly easy to avoid by using a different browser. Unfortunately, that’s not the case anymore. All the other common browsers, like Safari, Internet Explorer, and even Edge can be attacked. It’s even been made to hit users in China as well as in English-speaking countries, so hundreds of millions of PCs are at risk.
This is one of the adware’s cleverer tricks. Like a lot of browser hijackers, this software changes your homepage to one it’s chosen itself. The difference this time is that it looks almost exactly like a real Google start page. There are links on it to popular sites, and many of those are Google-owned services like YouTube and Gmail. If you click on those links, you’ll be taken to the expected sites, which can make you imagine that everything’s fine. Unfortunately, it’s not. If you use the search box to find stuff, you won’t only get the results you want. You’ll also see some sponsored links to other sites, and these are the ads – how the software makes money.
This is the next problem. The developers of the software realized that security tools were detecting its presence on users’ computers, so they made some more changes. Now, some anti-malware utilities are unable to detect the launchpage.org adware and may flag it as safe. Most users accept what they’re told by these utilities, not knowing that they’re leaving themselves open to continuing attacks. Even if you do know the adware is there, it can be awkward to uninstall. If you use the settings in your browser, you’ll appear to erase it – but it will still be lurking in your system, because it also makes changes to the Windows Registry.
So, am I stuck?
No! Just because you can’t remove launchpad.org in the usual way, that doesn’t mean you can’t delete it at all. The first thing is to make sure you DON’T just use the fake search box to look for removal software, since some of that is also fake. There are scams which claim to help you remove software like this, but which actually make things worse. There are also various other potential problems, such as being shown even more ads or having your browsing details spied on. Clicking on random links can also cause this, and so can downloading third-party utilities. That’s because unwanted software is often “bundled” with real programs, so there’s the extra risk of getting even more stuff you don’t want!
Well, you can certainly help to reduce the risk, yes. Because this adware looks so similar to the real Google, it’s best not to let it onto your PC at all. One of the most common ways it appears is by being “bundled” with other programs – most commonly large downloads like games and multimedia applications. The makers will add launchpad.org to the download, then when you install the program you actually want, the unwanted software will come too. The reason this is effective is that most people just want to install their new software quickly, so they pick the quick default options and don’t check carefully. Instead, choose the “Expert,” “Advanced,” “Detailed,” or “Custom” option and read everything. Yes, it will be a bit slower – but you have a way better chance of noticing the extra file and stopping the install. It’s also best to stay away from websites that are not properly checked, as that makes it much easier for the adware makers to get their stuff onto it.
Solution: How can I remove launchpad.org completely?
You can do this using either a manual or an automatic method. If you like to use the automatic way, then you’ll need to use a special tool. Of course, we will show you how to use this! Alternatively, for a manual method you can remove launchpad.org by going to your browser’s Add-ons or Extensions page and removing everything that has the word “launchpad” in it. Then, get rid of shortcuts that look sketchy. Right-click on them and choose Properties, then Shortcut to do this. Some users stop at this point, but sadly this can mean that the unwanted software is still installed. That’s because this unpleasant addon also changes your Windows Registry.
Download Adware Remover Tool to remove launchpad.org automatically. It’s a Freeware utility which is specially designed for Adware Removals. This tool can remove most of the Adware from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It also removes all the traces of launchpad.org from the Windows Registry.
Step 1: To Uninstall launchpad.org from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “launchpad.org” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling launchpad.org” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2: To Remove launchpad.org from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove launchpad.org from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you will get www.launchpad.org, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove launchpad.org add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the launchpad.org add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove launchpad.org from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove launchpad.org from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.launchpad.org, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove launchpad.org from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove launchpad.org add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4: To Remove launchpad.org from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove launchpad.org extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5: Remove launchpad.org infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.launchpad.org/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove launchpad.org infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove launchpad.org infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6: To Remove launchpad.org from Registry
How do I clean up the launchpad.org registry entries?
It may sound a little scary, but in fact doing this is pretty simple when you know how. To open the Registry, either go to the Start Menu or hold down the Ctrl key and press R. In the window that comes up, type the word “regedit” without the quotes and then press Return. When the window appears, go to the Edit section and choose the “Find” option. Type in the word “launchpad” – again, without the quotes. Go through and delete every single registry key that has that word in it, as no legitimate ones do. It may take a little while, but don’t rush. Once you’re done, check your browser settings, including the homepage, are back to normal. Congratulations, you’re done!
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “launchpad.org” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the launchpad.org string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “launchpad.org” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the launchpad.org path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7: To Remove launchpad.org from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains launchpad.org string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8: To Remove launchpad.org from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains launchpad.org. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9: To Remove launchpad.org from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains launchpad.org. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10: To remove launchpad.org registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the launchpad.org files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the launchpad.org files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11: To remove launchpad.org with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove launchpad.org with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”