How to Remove Iwin Toolbar (Removal Help)
Iwin Toolbar appears on my browser. How do I remove iwin toolbar from my computer? Please help!!
How to remove Iwin Toolbar from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Explanation and Solution
This is what is known as a browser hijacker. Although it is not actually malware, and is not a Trojan or a virus, it can be very irritating. You can think of it as a type of adware. It can have make your computer run slowly and get in the way of your normal browsing. Fortunately, it is possible to delete it, as long as you follow our simple instructions on how to remove it.
Once this unwanted addon is installed, you will notice that your usual search engine will have been replaced by iWin3 Customized Web Search, and that the homepage on your browser will have been changed to search.conduit.com. Changes like these will not actually damage your computer, but they can make it very annoying to use. It can affect all common browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
The iWin Toolbar addon usually gets to your computer as part of a larger installation package. Even some major download sites use installers which have the unwanted plugin bundled with them. Sometimes, the terms you must agree to in order to install a program or extension will include the option to install iWin Toolbar by default. If you haven’t specifically deselected these options, the package will be downloaded and activated.
To make sure you don’t get hit by this problem again, you should always take appropriate precautions when downloading software, especially if you are using a site you don’t know well. If possible, use the Custom Install option so that you can see exactly which packages are being bundled with the program you want. Make sure you deselect anything that you don’t recognize, or that looks as though it may be part of the iWin Toolbar package.
If you’ve been hit by this problem, you’ll probably want to know how to get rid of it as soon as possible. You can either try to remove the toolbar manually, which takes a lot of effort and can be very difficult, or you can make use of a special tool that will handle much of the work for you. It is recommended that you choose the second option, because this guards against the risk of making an error and ending up not removing the toolbar completely.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.9 to remove Iwin Toolbar Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of Iwin Toolbar from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall Iwin Toolbar from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “Iwin Toolbar” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling Iwin Toolbar” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove Iwin Toolbar from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove Iwin Toolbar add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the Iwin Toolbar add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Iwin Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Iwin Toolbar from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Iwin Toolbar add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove Iwin Toolbar from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove Iwin Toolbar extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove Iwin Toolbar infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.Iwin Toolbar/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove Iwin Toolbar infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove Iwin Toolbar infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove Iwin Toolbar from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Iwin Toolbar” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Iwin Toolbar string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “Iwin Toolbar” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Iwin Toolbar path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove Iwin Toolbar from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains Iwin Toolbar string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove Iwin Toolbar from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains Iwin Toolbar. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove Iwin Toolbar from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Iwin Toolbar. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove Iwin Toolbar registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Iwin Toolbar files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the Iwin Toolbar files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove Iwin Toolbar with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove Iwin Toolbar with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”