How to Remove Fastfreesearch.com Homepage Hijacker (Removal Help)
My problem is Fastfreesearch.com. It has taken over all my browser’s homepage and I did everything to remove but Fastfreesearch.com doesn’t want go away from my computer. I tried lots of instructions from Goolge and tools but doesn’t help, after reboot Fastfreesearch.com come again. Please help me how to remove Fastfreesearch.com homepage from my computer exactly.
Explanation & Solution.
Fastfreesearch.com is a dangerous browser hijacker that was created for marketing purposes. It typically advertises potentially harmful products. Its goal is to redirect the user to Fastfreesearch.com or other unsafe domains in order to generate income due to the ads of the sponsored third-party websites. How to remove Fastfreesearch.com homepage from computer? These websites are most of the time irrelevant and built only for profits from the different kinds of marketing tools. The main issue about it is that it makes the system vulnerable to hackers. This can lead to severe privacy breach such as stealing of data, intrusive access to personal files or financial information, tracking or activity monitoring.
How to Remove Fastfreesearch.com Homepage.
It’s crucial to make sure that everything related to the browser hijacker is successfully removed in order to eliminate the threat. Uninstall Fastfreesearch.com and the program that it came along with. Check your browser for Fastfreesearch.com toolbars and remove them as well. Delete all the linked add-ons. Because this browser hijacker is very dangerous, it’s recommended to delete its registry entries from the system. Look for any remaining files and remove them too. Then restore your browsers to default.
Follow the following instructions how to remove Fastfreesearch.com from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Once Fastfreesearch.com is downloaded, it will get attached to the user’s browser. It works for any browser available on the computer. It immediately hijacks the default search engine and startup page. The new tab page gets compromised too. The linked websites are often related to malware infections. Due to the fact that this browser hijacker forces you to access unknown and potentially malicious websites, there is a high possibility for you to open the door to hackers that could gain access to highly sensitive private information. It can automatically download various malware programs without requesting for permission and sneak into your system to compromise it. Fastfreesearch.com uses a large quantity of PC resources and leads to computer slowdown as soon as it enters the system.
The redirection of all the search results to Fastfreesearch.com or other third-party websites is the most obvious symptom that can be spotted. It will become quite impossible to access the page you are looking for. The screen gets full of pop up ads. Any activity on the computer becomes difficult to accomplish. Internet browsing becomes unusable and pointless. All the results are filled with spam and all kinds of advertising. Third-party toolbars might be installed without your will. The computer becomes unusually slow.
Fastfreesearch.com comes bundled with free software such as programs or drivers. The browser hijacker is automatically downloaded and installed when the user accepts the End-User License Agreement. You can easily get it anytime you download freeware from unfamiliar sources. It can also come through spam email attachments or accessing malicious websites. It is frequently encountered on hosting or sharing webpages.
Always download from trusted sources. Read well the EULA before installing any kind of software. Never agree to install any program that you’re not familiar with as it can infect your system. Beware of freeware that claims to have a high financial value. You should always select the “Custom” or “Advanced” option, instead of hurrying up and picking the recommended or express installation. Only install the software that you’re interested in. In this way you’ll avoid accidentally agreeing to install harmful software created by cyber criminals that could jeopardize your online safety.
Fastfreesearch.com Removal Help.
Follow the following instructions how to remove Fastfreesearch.com from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.9 to remove Fastfreesearch.com Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of Fastfreesearch.com from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall Fastfreesearch.com from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “Fastfreesearch.com” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling Fastfreesearch.com” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove Fastfreesearch.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove Fastfreesearch.com from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.Fastfreesearch.com, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove Fastfreesearch.com add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the Fastfreesearch.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Fastfreesearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Fastfreesearch.com from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.Fastfreesearch.com, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove Fastfreesearch.com from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Fastfreesearch.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove Fastfreesearch.com from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove Fastfreesearch.com extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove Fastfreesearch.com infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.Fastfreesearch.com/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove Fastfreesearch.com infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove Fastfreesearch.com infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove Fastfreesearch.com from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Fastfreesearch.com” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Fastfreesearch.com string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “Fastfreesearch.com” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Fastfreesearch.com path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove Fastfreesearch.com from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains Fastfreesearch.com string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove Fastfreesearch.com from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains Fastfreesearch.com. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove Fastfreesearch.com from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Fastfreesearch.com. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove Fastfreesearch.com registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Fastfreesearch.com files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the Fastfreesearch.com files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove Fastfreesearch.com with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove Fastfreesearch.com with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”