I am getting lots of popups when I visit any shopping websites like Amazon, snapdeal etc. It appears when I am going to click on the product that I want to see. CouponLocker Popup Ads suddenly appears in front of me. How to remove CouponLocker? Please help!!
How to get rid of CouponLocker from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox?
Explanation & Solution:
CouponLocker itself as an online shopping assistant that offers you services, such as free shipping if you spend over $50. It’s classified as an adware program that displays advertisement, coupons and sponsored links via a pop up box on online shopping stores such Amazon, Walmart, EBay, Best Buy and 1000s of other websites. CouponLocker’s main objective is to gain profit by generating clicks through ads that it will display in your browser. A script, known as CouponLocker extension is used to integrate and display ads in a webpage. It then accesses and stores relevant information such as accessed sites and number of clicks. Once in a while, CouponLocker uploads this data to their remote server.
Primarily, CouponLocker is offered as a free tool to obtain discounted coupons and free promotions. It’s a cross browser plugin, compatible with popular browsers, and freely distributed through a number of monetization platforms during installation. Since it was developed by 215Apps and Innovative Apps, it’s also found in their main and affiliate websites. CouponLocker is also bundled and promoted with programs such as Superfish, FBphotoZoom and Yontoo.
CouponLocker’s main symptoms
- Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks
- Display of many pop up ads labeled “brought by CouponLocker” or “powered by CouponLocker”
- Unwanted adware programs get installed without user’s knowledge
- Advertising banners injected in web pages being visited
- Highlights some keywords on web page while browsing
How to keep away from CouponLocker infection
- Always choose Custom or Advanced installation when downloading free programs from the Internet.
- Deselect anything unfamiliar, especially the optional software that was not intended to be installed.
- Stop or cancel any unfamiliar downloads that start automatically
How to remove CouponLocker Adware?
To remove CouponLocker – Apparently, you can choose to remove it automatically by using auto removal tools such as Malwarebytes or Adware Removal Tool by TSA. This method is recommended to those with no expert knowledge on computers.
Manual removal can also be used, but users should proceed with caution as the method involves access of vital system files in the registry. To get rid of CouponLocker manually.
- Uninstall the program from your computer.
- Remove any extension that causes the Couponlocker pop-up in browser settings
- Delete associated entries in the registry
- Reset your browser to restore browser defaults
It’s advised to download and run a malware scanner after manually removing CouponLocker. This is because CouponLocker could have come along with other malicious programs. Follow the following instructions.
Download Adware Remover Tool to remove CouponLocker Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of CouponLocker from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall CouponLocker from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “CouponLocker” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling CouponLocker” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove CouponLocker from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove CouponLocker add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the CouponLocker add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.2: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove CouponLocker from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove CouponLocker from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove CouponLocker add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove CouponLocker from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove CouponLocker extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove CouponLocker infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.CouponLocker/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove CouponLocker infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove CouponLocker infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove CouponLocker from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “CouponLocker” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the CouponLocker string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “CouponLocker” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the CouponLocker path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove CouponLocker from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains CouponLocker string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove CouponLocker from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains CouponLocker. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove CouponLocker from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains CouponLocker. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove CouponLocker registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the CouponLocker files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the CouponLocker files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove CouponLocker with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove CouponLocker with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”