My Internet Explorer shows me lots of ad banners (Ads by ClickToSearch). No matter which website I open, it shows the same Ads by ClickToSearch ad banners. Please help!!
How to remove Ads by ClickToSearch from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Explanation and Solution
Ads by ClickToSearch, also known as ClickToSearch Ads, is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware program, capable of displaying various adverts. These adverts are mostly in form of pop up boxes with coupons, banners, underlined keywords and sponsored links to various websites. The annoying part is that these pop ups launch themselves randomly, and could possibly ruin your browsing experience. Worse still, they will show themselves in even the popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari browser, and Google Chrome.
Generally, users who have it installed it in their computers experience a distracted internet environment with random popups that that appear from time to time. Also, be sure to have your traffic redirected to sponsored sites that may contain malware. Moreover, it displays altered search results if you try using it as a search engine. Ads by ClickToSearch may come along, or trigger download of other malicious software that could possibly slow down your machine, or worse off, corrupt information stored in your pc.
Basically, you can download Ads by ClickToSearch from their official website. Unfortunately, other dubious methods have also been employed to bring it to your computer. The most common method is referred to as bundling, whereby the adware is attached to various freeware and shareware in the internet. Generally, the distribution of Ads by ClickToSearch varies, but is not limited to – installing third – party toolbars, free software products, downloading e-mail attachments, clicking on ads or banners etc.
The infections that are brought by Ads by ClickToSearch should never be underestimated or ignored. Through cookies, it could even obtain your login details or even your credit card number! It should therefore be terminated immediately.
Internet users should pay more attention on their online activity. Download of software should always be from official sites, while installation should never be express, but custom. This will give you the chance to uncheck other software that your installation recommends for you. Lastly, avoid installation of third party browser extensions, add-ons, plugins or toolbars.
How to remove Ads by ClickToSearch
Manual removal of some of these adware is often not easy, and may entail stopping their services first, then uninstalling it from the computer, removing present add-ons or extensions, then removing or deleting its cookies and cache.
However, the easiest way to get rid of Ads by ClickToSearch adware is by use of an auto removal tools that come free of charge from the internet. Popular ones include Adwcleaner, Malwarebytes and Adware Removal Tool. Just download one of your choice, install it then scan your computer. Follow the following instructions to remove Ads by ClickToSearch
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.9 to remove Ads by ClickToSearch Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of Ads by ClickToSearch from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall Ads by ClickToSearch from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “Ads by ClickToSearch” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling Ads by ClickToSearch” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove Ads by ClickToSearch from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove Ads by ClickToSearch from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.Ads by ClickToSearch, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove Ads by ClickToSearch add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the Ads by ClickToSearch add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Ads by ClickToSearch from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Ads by ClickToSearch from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.Ads by ClickToSearch, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove Ads by ClickToSearch from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Ads by ClickToSearch add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove Ads by ClickToSearch from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove Ads by ClickToSearch extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove Ads by ClickToSearch infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.Ads by ClickToSearch/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove Ads by ClickToSearch infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove Ads by ClickToSearch infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove Ads by ClickToSearch from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Ads by ClickToSearch” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Ads by ClickToSearch string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “Ads by ClickToSearch” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Ads by ClickToSearch path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove Ads by ClickToSearch from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains Ads by ClickToSearch string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove Ads by ClickToSearch from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains Ads by ClickToSearch. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove Ads by ClickToSearch from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Ads by ClickToSearch. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove Ads by ClickToSearch registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Ads by ClickToSearch files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the Ads by ClickToSearch files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove Ads by ClickToSearch with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove Ads by ClickToSearch with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”