How to Remove SProtector.exe & SProtector.dll Browser Hijaker.
SProtector.exe and Sprotector.dll is a potentially unwanted program that runs in background of your computer. These are associated with Search Assistant SProtect program and Search Assistant WebSearch. Both are known for spreading malicious programs .
Once it is installed in your computer, you will see “SProtector.exe” processes running in the Windows Task Manager of your computer. It can change your browser home page and default search engine. It shows a messages on your screen when user tries to change it back. It has 9 known version, 126.96.36.199 is the latest version of SProtector.exe which causes this issue. It can change registry settings and run itself in background. The average file size is about 2.45 MB. You may be found Windows system is unable to run certain applications and your computer and internet speed become slow than usual.
SProtector.exe is comes into your computer when you install a free software packages from unknown and unfamiliar path. You should always download any software from their official website. Be very careful what you agree to install.
Technically, this is not a virus. However, it is categorized as a potentially unwanted program, (PUP). Because it change your internet and browser settings. Anyone never wants to install SProtector.exe directly, usually it installs additionally with another software packages.
To secure your computer from this unwanted program. You should immediately uninstall SProtector from your computer. Otherwise you may be lost your web browser. In order to remove this unwanted program, you have to follow article steps very carefully.
Step 1 : To Uninstall SProtector.exe from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Program and Features –> Uninstall a program (Wind7, 8, Vista).
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You will get a window which have listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall the programs, if you find any, from below list (Suspicious Programs list). Because all these programs are unwanted. You should uninstall all them immediately.
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe gaurd
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Uninstall all the unwanted programs, which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove SProtector.exe from Internet Explorer
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab, then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now you will appear a popup says that complete all the tasks. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove SProtector.exe from Mozilla Firefox
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Troubleshooting information” page into Firefox.
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “alt” key once to active Menu bar)
- Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information”, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option, It will take time to reset
Step 4 : To Remove SProtector.exe from Google Chrome
Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on their Set Pages. A another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page. which have installed all the extensions, Remove SProtector.exe extension & also remove all the unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Reset Google Chrome
- Close all Google Chrome browser
- Now open this following path
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) , then you will get Run box.
- Copy and Paste this following command in this Run box then hit Enter or OK
- Windows XP
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- Windows 7, 8, Vista
- In the default folder please find a file named as “Preferences“ and now just need to rename this file from “Preferences“ to “Preferences.old“
- In the same default folder please find a one more file named as “Web Data“ and now just need to rename this file from “Web Data“ to “Web Data.old“
- Now Start your Google chrome.
Step 5 : To remove SProtector.exe registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
Here is the proper step-by-step guide to remove any adware from registry, please follow the steps.
5.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
5.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
5.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the SProtector.exe files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
5.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the SProtector.exe files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 6 : To remove SProtector.exe with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 7 : To remove SProtector.exe with Malwarebytes.
7.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
7.2 : Update online Virus Definition
7.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
7.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
7.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”
- How to delete SProtector.exe homepage
- How to get rid of SProtector.exe virus
- Remove SProtector.exe popups ads plugin
- Can’t change SProtector.exe homepage
- Uninstall SProtector.exe search page
- how to uninstall SProtector.exe from control panel
- Keeps showing SProtector.exe
- Keeps popping up SProtector.exe
- popup SProtector.exe all of sudden
- Deinstall SProtector.exe from my computer
- How to clean SProtector.exe completely
- How to clear SProtector.exe from my computer
- Can’t remove SProtector.exe redirect
- Can’t delete SProtector.exe hijacker
- Couldn’t remove SProtector.exe toolbar virus
- Won’t remove SProtector.exe
- Remove start page SProtector.exe add-ons manually
- How do I stop SProtector.exe
- What is SProtector.exe search engine
- SProtector.exe website always popping up