When I start my computer this morning I got Key-Find.com as my homepage in Internet explorer. How to remove Key-Find.com homepage?. I have tried to remove it from internet options but Key-Find.com is still there. In internet option still says the homepage as Google. I don’t understand where is that settings so that I can change Key-Find.com?
Key-Find.com is a search engine but their installation thing makes it a browsers hijacker because it installs in the background of other software/installer, even it installs silently you can’t even know that you got installed Key-Find.com into your computer that’s why it categorized as browser hijacker, Adware, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs). How to remove key find.
Key-Find.com will show you lots of advertisement and sponsored link on their results page, so that you can click on them. When you click on them, as you know that those all are the sponsored and they earn lot from your clicks. How to get rid of key find.
Once Key-Find.com got installed into computer together you got lots of other changes on your browsers like: you got changed your homepage to Key-Find.com, you got changed your default search engine to Key-Find.com, you got hijacked most of the setting of browsers. uninstall key find.
Key-Find.com installed into browsers as a plugin but taken over all the browsers settings as they want. Browsers should not all anyone to enter into browsers as a plugin. Anyway, we have done lots of research on that and got the solution finally, we are sharing that you all. Please follow our steps which are listed below. delete key find.
Key-Find.com comes into computer thru lots of other unwanted programs. We are giving an example please look on that understand that. Example: Suppose, you want to install PDF software for your computer and you are searching it into internet search engine and got some results, you chosen one and you download it installed it. But you know that, where you have downloaded the PDF reader this was the 3rd party downloading websites. stop key find.
Actually, these type of websites have add their sponsored Adware along with the PDF Reader installer, they actually modified PDF reader’s exe and add their Ad-wares in that. and Key-Find.com(Adware) has installed in the background of PDF software silently, you don’t even know about all thing happens. So please be aware from that type of scams. eliminate key find.
To protect from these type of adwares you have to understand their behavior of installation, we are giving you some tips to protect from this.
- You should not allow any program to install into computer, please check their publisher first and then allow if you heard about the publisher. Do not allow any unknown publisher to install thing on your computer. It may be a virus activity.
- Do not download any software or anything from 3rd party downloading websites, you should download anything from their own website only.
- Should not tick any unwanted check box while installing any software. Keep un-check all the unwanted check box.
- Do not open any executable file from e-mail if you don’t know about sender, It may be a virus.
In order to remove Key-Find.com from your computer completely, we have the two methods, one is the Automatic fix and second is the manual fix, please choose the method as you wish. Both are method listed below. Please follow the below listed instructions.
Step 1 : To Uninstall Key-Find.com from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista).
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You will get a window which have listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall Key-Find.com from there.
- Also do uninstall all the programs which are listed in Suspicious Programs list below, if you find any installed into your computer. Because all these programs are unwanted. You should uninstall all them immediately if you found any.
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe gaurd
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Uninstall all the unwanted programs, which are not listed here.
Remove Key-Find.com infection from Windows Shortcuts.
- 1. Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer / Firefox / Google Chrome and do left click on the properties option. then their properties page you will appear. Delete that following path from target field. (As per below screenshots)
3. Remove Key-Find.com infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
4. Remove Key-Find.com infection from taskbar’s Shortcuts.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.8 to remove Key-Find.com Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla Firefox and from their registry traces as well..
Step 2 : To Remove Key-Find.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1 : Remove Key-Find.com from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.Key-Find.com, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2 : Remove Key-Find.com add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “alt” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- click on Programs tab then click on Manage Addons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed addons.
- Now disable the Key-Find.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted addons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3 : Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab, then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Key-Find.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Key-Find.com from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under Startup you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.Key-Find.com, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove Key-Find.com from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Key-Find.com addon, also disable all the unknow / unwnated addons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3 : Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option. and follow their instruction to reset.
- Now your Mozilla Firefox has been Restored to default settings.
Step 4 : To Remove Key-Find.com from Google Chrome
Step 4.1 : Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on their Set Pages. A another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page. which have listed all the installed extensions, Remove Key-Find.com extension & also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome
- Close all Google Chrome browser’s window
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) , then you will get Run box.
- Copy and Paste this following command “as per your OS” in this Run box then click on OK button. You’ll get open a location in windows explorer.
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
DefaultWindows 7, 8, Vista
- In the default folder location, Rename a file named as “Preferences“ to “Preferences.old“
- In the same default folder location, Rename one more file named as “Web Data“ to “Web Data.old“
- Now your Google Chrome has been Restored to default settings.
Step 5 : To Remove Key-Find.com from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Key-Find.com” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Key-Find.com string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “Key-Find.com” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Key-Find.com path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 6 : To Remove Key-Find.com from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains Key-Find.com string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 7 : To Remove Key-Find.com from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains Key-Find.com. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 8 : To Remove Key-Find.com from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the startup services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Key-Find.com. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To remove Key-Find.com registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
Here is the proper step-by-step guide to remove any adware from registry, please follow the steps.
9.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
9.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
9.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Key-Find.com files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
9.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the Key-Find.com files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 10 : To remove Key-Find.com with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 11 : To remove Key-Find.com with Malwarebytes.
11.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
11.2 : Update online Virus Definition
11.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
11.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
11.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”
Q. What is Key-Find.com and we can remove it?
Ans. Key-Find.com is a search engine which display you lots sponsored links and adverting on their search results, it is actual a browser hijacker and also categorized as as a PUP (potentially unwanted program). It comes into your computer without your permission and change your default settings such DNS files, Registry files, Background color, browser homepage and many more.
Q. I want to remove Key-Find.com ?
Q. I cannot remove Key-Find.com from my PC?
Q. I won’t remove Key-Find.com from my computer. What can i do?
Ans. Key-Find.com is a harmful browser hijacker. So, you should immediately uninstall this adware. To remove this unwanted program, you have to follow article steps very carefully.
Q. How Key-Find.com comes into my computer?
Ans. Key-Find.com comes into your computer via free software packages and when you click visit on malicious websites. You should not download any software from 3rd party website.
Q. Is Key-Find.com a virus or legitimate progam?
Ans. Technically, Key-Find.com is not a virus. However, it is categorized as “PUP” (Potentially Unwanted Program) because it comes into your computer without approval.
Key-Find is a very bad browser hijacker that their removal process is really too hard. once you got infected with Key-Find you got changed lots of other setting into your browsers. You also got changed your homepage, default search engine setting, DNS redirection setting, URL redirection setting and lots of more other settings.