I just used lots of tool and directions on top of it I did all things manually and the simple truth is I am still infected. My search is OK my home page is OK, extensions and all, but when I open ANY website GoForFiles ads are on it. I used your malwarebytes at least 5 times afterwards. Please help me How to Remove GoForFiles Adware from my computer.
How to Remove GoForFiles Adware from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Explanation & Solution
GoForFiles is a malware that infiltrates into the computer to corrupt it and expose it to privacy breach. It is typically used as a method of blackhat SEO in order to generate traffic for sponsors or owners and boost miscellaneous websites in the search queries, though their content is mostly irrelevant. But apart from the marketing purpose, GoForFiles can take over the PC and collect data for malicious third parties. GoForFiles is ad-supported and it’s compatible with any browser.
GoForFiles is more than a method to to generate income for sponsors. Its way of affecting the system makes it more dangerous. It boosts the system’s vulnerability to hackers. It paves the way for further malware to crawl in and it can grant access to your highly sensitive information. This is not limited to the IP address or browsing history. It also includes personally identifiable data or financial accounts, which makes GoForFiles a serious threat to your overall security. It also has rootkit abilities and can affect other applications as well, making the computer unstable and weak against attacks. It can go unnoticed by the antivirus.
When GoForFiles gets activated, it takes over the default settings. There are many sponsored links in the browser, as well as a tremendous amount of pop up ads. The homepage will be changed to GoForFiles and many toolbars, plug ins or add ons will suddenly be displayed. The browser typically freezes and crashes on a regular basis. Sometimes this malware automatically opens new tabs to display unknown web pages. Most of them contain advertisements and unfamiliar content. The browser becomes unresponsive and unmanageable.
Most users unwillingly install the malware as it’s bundled with free programs like media players, PC performance tools or any other software. The developers promote its free nature, but this is just a way of infiltrating malware into the computer of the downloader. Some are misled by fake ads that promote it as a useful software and intentionally install it for the alleged benefits.
Watch out as GoForFiles even has a website which promotes it as a useful tool with a brilliant algorithm. This is a common trap. It is recommended to stick with the common search engines such as Google, Yahoo! or Bing. It’s mostly being promoted as a download tool for all kinds of media but it doesn’t serve the advertised purpose so don’t install it.Also, whenever you install free software go for Custom or Advanced installation. Make sure you don’t install any additional programs and only get the application that you’re interested in. The bundled ones are most likely potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that can cause serious distress. It’s also recommended to read the End-User License Agreement (EULA) to know details about the program that will be activated into your operating system.
How to Remove GoForFiles Adware
Follow the following instructions to remove GoForFiles Ads from computer.
GoForFiles might be tricky to remove. You can delete it from the system either automatically or manually. An anti malware utility tool like AdwCleaner can instantly scan the PC for dangerous registry keys and files. If the browsing experience is completely compromised and you have no tool on a portable device, start by ending all the processes that have to do with GoForFiles. Then look in the list of installed programs and uninstall GoForFiles and any software that seems peculiar and unfamiliar. Delete the cookies and reset the browsers to the default settings. If you have a favorite homepage and search engine, you can pick them as defaults.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.9 to remove GoForFile Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of GoForFile from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall GoForFile from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “GoForFile” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling GoForFile” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove GoForFile from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove GoForFile add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the GoForFile add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.2: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove GoForFile from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove GoForFile from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove GoForFile add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.2: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset Firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove GoForFile from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove GoForFile extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove GoForFile infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.GoForFile/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove GoForFile infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove GoForFile infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove GoForFile from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “GoForFile” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the GoForFile string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “GoForFile” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the GoForFile path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove GoForFile from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains GoForFile string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove GoForFile from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains GoForFile. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove GoForFile from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains GoForFile. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove GoForFile registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the GoForFile files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the GoForFile files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove GoForFile with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove GoForFile with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”