I want to remove facemoods search from my computer. Please help me how to remove Start.facemoods.com Search
How to Remove Start.facemoods.com Search from Internet explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Explanation & Solution:
Start.facemoods.com is a kind of search engine. But its installation part makes it a browser hijacker because it installs silently into your computer and doesn’t install directly actually it installs in the background of other installation. Start.facemoods.com only wants your clicks on its advertisements and sponsored links. They increases their revenue when you click on their ads. The advertisement displays when you use Start.facemoods.com search engine to search. Anyways, we have a proper method to get rid of Start.facemoods.com search. You just have to follow the following instructions carefully.
Start.facemoods.com search installs into computer through free softwares and free downloads. Actually, some 3rd party downloading websites offer you to download their downloader first to download the actual software which you want and when you install that downloader into your computer and Start.facemoods.com will be automatically get installed in the background silently. Actually the downloader’s installers are embedded with an Adware (Start.facemoods.com search) they get paid from Adware companies for this installation.
It also comes when you are installing freeware software into computer. Its seen also are the same like downloader. Its installer is also embedded with Adwares and install Start.facemoods.com search into computer without your permission. Even they get your permission Ina fraud way. You can’t recognize the installation is the part of this installation of its installs additionally. They usually get your permission though following button “Next”, “Continue” and “I agree” etc. Actually they installs additional program like Start.facemoods.com search into your computer in illegal way. So please be aware about all that scam and don’t trust any of installation. Read all the installation part before click on any NEXT button. Read all the term & condition carefully before go further.
Once Start.facemoods.com search get entered into computer, its really too hard to remove it because it has created lots of traces of files, folder and registry traces as well. And the unbelievable thing is this that its own uninstall won’t remove all the traces intention because they wants to leave some traces remains into your computer just because of for next entry so that the remains traces call Start.facemoods.com search to come again into computer and can take over all the browser settings
Its effects on browser’s major setting like: Default search engine, DNS settings, URL redirection, New TAB and homepage changed to “http://start.start.facemoods.com.com”
Start.facemoods.com search installs into computer as a browser extension and once it get installed in browser extension area you will also loose lots of major browser settings right change them to default settings. So first of all remove Start.facemoods.com search from extensions / Addons area. Then remove the entire traces computer registry as well. As we said its removal process is literally too hard. You just have to follow the mentioned instructions to get rid of Start.facemoods.com search.
We are providing you complete instructions to get rid of start.facemoods.com. So please follow the following instructions and let us know if doesn’t solve.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.9 to remove Start.facemoods.com Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of Start.facemoods.com from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall Start.facemoods.com from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “Start.facemoods.com” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling Start.facemoods.com” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove Start.facemoods.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove Start.facemoods.com from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.Start.facemoods.com, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove Start.facemoods.com add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the Start.facemoods.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Start.facemoods.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Start.facemoods.com from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.Start.facemoods.com, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove Start.facemoods.com from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Start.facemoods.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove Start.facemoods.com from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove Start.facemoods.com extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove Start.facemoods.com infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.Start.facemoods.com/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove Start.facemoods.com infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove Start.facemoods.com infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove Start.facemoods.com from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Start.facemoods.com” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Start.facemoods.com string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “Start.facemoods.com” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Start.facemoods.com path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove Start.facemoods.com from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains Start.facemoods.com string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove Start.facemoods.com from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains Start.facemoods.com. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove Start.facemoods.com from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Start.facemoods.com. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove Start.facemoods.com registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Start.facemoods.com files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the Start.facemoods.com files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove Start.facemoods.com with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove Start.facemoods.com with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”