How do I remove SearchAmong.com from my Firefox. It keeps appear on my Firefox start page. I tried to remove from firefox’s settings page but it keeps changing this settings as well. How to remove SearchAmong.com virus from my computer, Please help.
How to remove SearchAmong.com from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Explanation and Solution.
SearchAmong.com is a browser hijacking program, It redirects your browser to “http://SearchAmong.com“. Browser hijacking is a way of a certain malicious code to take over and modify the settings of your browser, without any permission from you as the user. Any browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer has a chance of becoming victims of browser hijacking. SearchAmong.com in particular seems to be a “legit” website that accommodates users in offering online searches but it’s actually capable of “browser hijacking” and can cause serious problems like bringing threats including malevolent plugins, extensions, add-ons and other contents with vile purposes. This article will tackle on how to get out of the problems caused by SearchAmong.com and will also discuss everything about that program from what it is, browser symptoms, effects, and more.
At first it looks like a simple search engine that provides you with shortcuts and other details that you may find convenient. But eventually, you will experience signs and other unwanted things that are caused by this site. Once you start searching using this SearchAmong.com, you will notice that it will display suspicious ads and it returns altered search results. Your default search engine might even be configured and it will assign itself as your default start page – even without having your permission. What’s worse with the situation is that you can’t actually change it back the way your browser used to be in just making simple steps. If you can’t remove it as soon as you can, it can pose more serious problems such as recording your history, changing your browser settings, slowing down the speed of your browser, and initiate other malicious activities that you can never expect a certain search engine site can do.
A question might come into your mind like how does it come into the computer. Well, in some cases, users are able to download and install this particular search engine from the internet because it is being promoted by several download sites. Another way is by the means of shareware and freeware programs that can be possibly used for transmitting malicious programs such as the SearchAmong.com virus. You need to be cautious in order to avoid having unwanted plugins and should not install suspicious free programs from “stranger” third parties.
This invasive and disturbing program is able to violate your privacy rights and will cause many intrusions if it’s not removed immediately. As said above, it can make your browsing much slower, thus making you uncomfortable and feel difficult.
You can protect from this infection in future includes being aware of all malicious programs in the internet. You already know the chaos that SearchAmong.com can cause to your browser, so it’s better to be more careful now with the things that can be found in the internet, especially freeware programs that you may find doubtful. As much as possible, do not download or install plugins, add-ons, or some extensions if you don’t actually need it and you feel like it can’t be trusted. There are times that you can easily spot such malevolent programs. So don’t be fooled from now on.
How to remove SearchAmong.com from your system? It’s actually not that hard, especially for people who are “techy”. So please follow the following manual instructions to remove it OR you can get help from Malwarebytes Anti Malware. These are the recommended applications that can easily eliminate unwanted programs particularly SearchAmong.com. All the appropriate tools are listed below.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.9 to remove SearchAmong.com Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of SearchAmong.com from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall SearchAmong.com from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “SearchAmong.com” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling SearchAmong.com” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove SearchAmong.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove SearchAmong.com from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.SearchAmong.com, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove SearchAmong.com add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the SearchAmong.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove SearchAmong.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove SearchAmong.com from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.SearchAmong.com, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove SearchAmong.com from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove SearchAmong.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove SearchAmong.com from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove SearchAmong.com extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove SearchAmong.com infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.SearchAmong.com/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove SearchAmong.com infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove SearchAmong.com infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove SearchAmong.com from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “SearchAmong.com” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the SearchAmong.com string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “SearchAmong.com” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the SearchAmong.com path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove SearchAmong.com from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains SearchAmong.com string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove SearchAmong.com from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains SearchAmong.com. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove SearchAmong.com from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains SearchAmong.com. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove SearchAmong.com registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the SearchAmong.com files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the SearchAmong.com files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove SearchAmong.com with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove SearchAmong.com with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”