I need the exact way to remove safe-search.net otherwise I have to reset my PC. I tried a lots of removal methods to remove it but could not success. Please help! how to remove safe-search.net from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
How to remove safe-search.net from computer? – Whatever its name may say, this is not safe at all! In truth, it’s a browser hijacker, which will get inside your web browser – whether it’s Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, or Chrome – and switch its settings around. It won’t ask you whether you want this to happen, which is why it’s usually considered unwanted software. Another possible cause of confusion is that there’s another, different piece of adware which takes you to Safesearch.net (without the hyphen). This guide will help you to safely get rid of the hijacker whose name DOES contain a hyphen. Safe-search.net is not a virus or Trojan and will not delete your data, but it should be removed straight away.
In over 90% of cases, infection by this adware is caused when a user installs it without realizing. This is because it is “bundled” with other programs, often those available for download via a free files website. Many of these sites are poorly managed, so it’s easy for dubious software like this hijacker to get in. It will be included in the same file archive as a legitimate program, in order to trick you into believing that everything’s normal. If you don’t stop the installation routine immediately, and continue with the default or express setup option, the adware can be installed without you even noticing until you start to use your browser.
When you start your browser, the first page you see would normally be your desired homepage. However, if this hijacker is installed, you will be taken to the Safe-search.net site – which looks like an ordinary search portal, with a blue and red text logo above the main search box. Please do NOT use this to search, since it has a nasty trick up its sleeve. Although it will appear to use Google’s engine for search results, it will also track your browser use and collect your personal data. You will find yourself being constantly redirected to other sites, and you will be unable to set your homepage back to its original address.
Although it’s possible to get rid of Safe-search.net (see below for how), if you want to avoid the problem altogether you’ll need to follow a few simple rules whenever you use your browser. Every time you start a session, check that your homepage is the one you expect. Stay away from untrusted websites, especially those which fill your screen with pop-up ads, since these are more likely to host unwanted programs. You should also be very cautious when you install browser extensions, and only use those which have a clean bill of health from other users. Doing a little research can stop you from having to deal with infection later.
How to remove Safe-search.net?
If your PC has been infected, don’t panic! There is a simple and reliable way to remove safe-search.net without problems, and that’s to use a free tool which will delete automatically hunt down and delete each part of the adware from your Windows system. If you read our friendly advice on this site, you’ll know that this is easy and will save you a lot of hassle. You can try to remove it manually, the manual steps is also when below, choose one which you want. You may fail to see some files, or only partially remove the Safe-search.net adware, and this can still leave you vulnerable. If you follow our guide, you’ll quickly have a clean browser again! Follow the following instructions.
Download Adware Remover Tool to remove safe-search.net Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of safe-search.net from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall safe-search.net from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “safe-search.net” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling safe-search.net” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove safe-search.net from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove safe-search.net from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you will get www.safe-search.net, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove safe-search.net add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the safe-search.net add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove safe-search.net from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove safe-search.net from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.safe-search.net, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove safe-search.net from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove safe-search.net add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove safe-search.net from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove safe-search.net extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove safe-search.net infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.safe-search.net/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove safe-search.net infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove safe-search.net infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove safe-search.net from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “safe-search.net” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the safe-search.net string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “safe-search.net” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the safe-search.net path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove safe-search.net from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains safe-search.net string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove safe-search.net from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains safe-search.net. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove safe-search.net from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains safe-search.net. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove safe-search.net registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the safe-search.net files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the safe-search.net files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove safe-search.net with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove safe-search.net with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”