How to Remove Rocket-Find.com from Chrome, IE, Firefox
About five minutes ago Rocket-Find.com search suddenly jumped in and kicked Google out. I did tried to remove it myself but, As of this morning, Monday, the adwares Rocket Find search return again. Rocket-Find.com is still my homepage. Please help me how to remove Rocket-Find.com on from Chrome ?
Yes, you understand it right, Rocket-Find.com is an Adware program which comes into computer through free softwares. It is also categorized as a Browser hijacker, PUP. Once you get it into your computer, you’ll also get lots browser setting changes, Like: your homepage got changed to http://www.Rocket-Find.com, your default search provider has changed to http://www.Rocket-Find.com, you got installed a new plug-in into your browsers with the random name.
How it works: Rocket-Find.com installs into you computer with the help of Downloads / Free softwares and lots of other way which they can install. It installs on your browser as a plugin and set itself on your homepage as a search engine. You usually use homepage search bar to search anything on internet. They actually want to provide you lots of advertisements & sponsored links along with the Rocket-Find.com results. They only wants your clicks on their advertisements so that they can earn more money from their advertisement campaign.
To know, how it installs into computer: It usually installs with the help other FREE softwares and FREE downloads. It installs in the background of FREE software silently, You get Rocket-Find.com in your computer after install FREE softwares, even you can’t see their installation bar, so ignore to install free softwares. There are three things, where you have to be very careful.
Tips for keep protected:
- Do not download any software from 3rd party downloading websites. (You should download anything from their own websites.)
- Do not download any FREE software if not required. (Use paid software or trial)
- Do not download anything from your e-mails if sender is unknown.
- Do not allow any software to install any additional software as they recommend.
- Do not agree any agreement before reading while installing any software.
As we keeps stated, it is an Adware. As of that, this will be very hard to remove it from computer, because their uninstaller won’t remove all the files and registry traces completely. Don’t worry, here we had done research on that as we often do with all the cases and finally got the proper way how to get rid of Rocket-Find.com completely stop, permanently block, delete do uninstall Rocket-Find.com from computer.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.8 to remove Rocket-Find.com Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla Firefox and from their registry traces as well..
Step 1 : To Uninstall Rocket-Find.com from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista).
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You will get a window which have listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall Rocket-Find.com from there.
- Also do uninstall all the programs which are listed in Suspicious Programs list below, if you find any installed into your computer. Because all these programs are unwanted. You should uninstall all them immediately if you found any.
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe gaurd
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Uninstall all the unwanted programs, which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove Rocket-Find.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1 : Remove Rocket-Find.com from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.Rocket-Find.com, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2 : Remove Rocket-Find.com add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- click on Programs tab then click on Manage Addons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed addons.
- Now disable the Rocket-Find.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted addons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3 : Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab,then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Rocket-Find.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Rocket-Find.com from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under startup you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.Rocket-Find.com, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove Rocket-Find.com from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Rocket-Find.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3 : Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Helpmenu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option. and follow their instruction to reset.
- Now your Mozilla Firefox has been Restored to default settings.
Step 4 : To Remove Rocket-Find.com from Google Chrome
Step 4.1 : Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on their Set Pages. A another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page. which have listed all the installed extensions, Remove Rocket-Find.com extension & also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome
- Close all Google Chrome browser’s window.
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) on your keyboard , you’ll get Run box.
- For windows xp: Copy and Paste this following command: “
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
Default"in Run box then click on OK button. You’ll get a Google chrome profile location in windows explorer.For windows 7,8,vista: Copy and Paste this following command: “
%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default“ in Run box then click on OK button. You’ll get a Google chrome profile location in windows explorer.
- In the default folder location, Rename a file, named as “Preferences“ to “Preferences.old“.
(Note: to do that right-click on Preferences file and click on rename option you’ll get a edit box of Preferences file, now rename the text “Preferences” to “Preferences.old”)
- In the same default folder location, Rename one more file, named as “Web Data“ to “Web Data.old“.
(Note: to do that right-click on Web Data file and click on rename option you’ll get a edit box of Web Data file, now rename the text “Web Data” to “Web Data.old”)
- Now start your Google chrome, it should be restored to default settings.
Step 5 : To Remove Rocket-Find.com from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Rocket-Find.com” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Rocket-Find.com string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “Rocket-Find.com” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Rocket-Find.com path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 6 : To Remove Rocket-Find.com from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains Rocket-Find.com string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 7 : To Remove Rocket-Find.com from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains Rocket-Find.com. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 8 : To Remove Rocket-Find.com from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the startup services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Rocket-Find.com. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To remove Rocket-Find.com registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
Here is the proper step-by-step guide to remove any adware from registry, please follow the steps.
9.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
9.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
9.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Rocket-Find.com files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
9.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the Rocket-Find.com files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 10 : To remove Rocket-Find.com with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 11 : To remove Rocket-Find.com with Malwarebytes.
11.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
11.2 : Update online Virus Definition
11.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
11.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
11.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”