Hi! I’m very frustrated. Apparently the other day I accidentally downloaded the adware Ooov.net, so on every website there are ads popping up at me and blocking my view of things. It is basically redirected to http://gamersinfo.org/. It’s very annoying and it’s getting in the way of my everyday life. I’ve read at least 4 articles online and tried so many different things to get rid of it, but it’s still there. There’s nothing in my computer files, Ive downloaded different anti-virus programs that websites have suggested and scanned and cleaned over and over, but I STILL have these Ooov.net redirection and ads. There aren’t any extensions on chrome or anything. Please help me how to remove Ooov.net homepage? I don’t know where this thing is hiding, and I have no clue how to get rid of Ooov.net. I’m trying to do cyber monday shopping for christmas and this is keeping me from it!! Please help I have no clue what to do.
How to remove Ooov.net homepage from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Explanation & Solution.
The Ooov.net Redirect is considered to be an adware, as its main goal is to advertise various domains and to generate revenues to certain website owners mainly through pay per click ads. It is a simple adware and it doesn’t pose severe security issues on its own. But it is regarded to be a PUP (potentially unwanted program) due to its features that interfere with the regular activity of the user. It deeply affects the surfing experience and it can redirect the user to infected websites, so its symptoms shouldn’t be overlooked.
The Ooov.net Redirect doesn’t creep in deep in the operating system to collect information like browser activity, IP address or potentially sensitive data. It does change the Windows registry, but initially the user doesn’t risk any privacy breaches. It simply promotes various websites on a constant basis. However, the websites that it advertises represent the real problem as it’s highly likely for them to be compromised. Clicking on the ads might lead the user to fake or corrupted web pages that will make the computer vulnerable to online attacks. It is therefore strongly advised never to click on pop ups and especially never to try to purchase something from an advertised domain.
The Ooov.net Redirect inserts pop ups in all the new tabs. They are often difficult to close and cover a significant part of the web page. The websites that the PC user visits feature many sponsored banners and hyperlinks. Most of the times, the individuals will frequently encounter pop ups that prompt them to install applications.
The Ooov.net Redirect is typically combined with other software item. It never comes alone and it doesn’t ask for permission or let the user know about its intention. Free software brings it along as some developers add it to programs that are promoted for their usefulness though they are mostly offered to allow access to malware and viruses.
Beware of suspicious websites that offer for free any programs that are worth significant amounts of money. They might not only be pointless, but the bundled additional applications can infect your computer. Run antivirus scans often to make sure that you haven’t unwillingly installed any fake update that turns out to be a threat. Consider getting a reliable antivirus and anti-malware solution in the future.
How to remove Ooov.net from computer.
Follow the following instructions to remove Ooov.net from computer.
The manual removal process is similar to the procedures that the user needs to perform in order to stop the activity of other types of adware. Uninstalling Ooov.net from the list of programs and disabling all of its extensions or add-ons, as well as any unknown ones should do the trick. Microsoft has a useful application called Autoruns that you could try as well. It helps you see which executables are automatically activated at startup. You can use it to prevent the Ooov.net Redirect from launching. Look for the filter box called Hide Microsoft entries and uncheck it. Then look for the current version run and delete CMD. It’s recommended to restore the default condition of your browser after you’re done with the uninstall.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.9 to remove Ooov.net Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of Ooov.net from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall Ooov.net from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “Ooov.net” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling Ooov.net” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove Ooov.net from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove Ooov.net from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.Ooov.net, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove Ooov.net add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the Ooov.net add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Ooov.net from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Ooov.net from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.Ooov.net, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove Ooov.net from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Ooov.net add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove Ooov.net from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove Ooov.net extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove Ooov.net infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.Ooov.net/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove Ooov.net infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove Ooov.net infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove Ooov.net from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Ooov.net” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Ooov.net string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “Ooov.net” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Ooov.net path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove Ooov.net from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains Ooov.net string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove Ooov.net from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains Ooov.net. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove Ooov.net from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Ooov.net. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove Ooov.net registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Ooov.net files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the Ooov.net files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove Ooov.net with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove Ooov.net with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”