These days I am suffering a problem: MySearchSocial.com. It is frozen at my google chrome homepage, I don’t know where did it come from? I did a lot of research through Google to remove MySearchSocial.com from my computer but nothing helped me. I am not a computer savvy, please help me how to remove MySearchSocial.com from my computer. It has taken over all my browsers homepage and also in searches.
How to Remove MySearchSocial.com Homepage from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Explanation & Solution
MySearchSocial.com is a browser hijacker that sometimes replaces the normal homepage of your computer. The normal default search engine and homepage for your computer is hijacked by this ad-ware which is used to search for things like pictures from Instagram, tweets and other Google results. It should not be fully trusted as it can guide users to unsafe websites hence the need to immediately remove it. Below you’ll get the results that how to Remove MySearchSocial.com homepage it is usually aimed at boosting advertisement for various companies by displaying sponsored links and advertisement on your search results. It can even collect the search terms used in your search queries.
This search site will slow down the speed of your computer making it slower with the addition of many ads that keep appearing.
It adds some extension to your computer which will always redirect you to some unsafe sites that where malicious programs can attack your computer.
MySearchSocial.com is capable of collecting some private information that and sending to third parties. Information like email addresses, phone numbers and names are collected which can later be used by various companies to send you advertisements about their products and services.
In most cases, it get immediately after installing a freeware taking over your Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Sharewares and freeware are usually bundled with some programs that are unprotected. Whenever such programs are installed, they get downloaded the moment one hits the agree button. Most people never read the instructions before agreeing to install any new program to their computer. This way, people are unwillingly forced into downloading such unwanted programs.
How to remove MySearchSocial.com homepage
MySearchSocial.com homepage can either be removed manually or automatically from your computer. Manually one can chose to uninstall the program from their computer. Programs installed in your computer are usually found in the control panel where one will scroll and hit on remove program. Then search for MysearchSocial.com and hit remove. No matter the type of operating system one is using, the process of uninstalling a program is the same.
Another way to easily get rid of MySearchSocial.com is by use of some other programs like hitmanpro, Adware Removal Tool, Anti Malware, AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes. These applications are capable of deleting all unwanted programs which are usually installed into your computer without your knowledge. They can also delete viruses, unwanted registry and files making your computer safe. These programs scan your web browser and computer for all malicious files, registry keys and adware browser extensions that might have been installed without your knowledge. These are not the only programs that one can use to scan their computers for malicious programs, there are several other programs that have been developed and users have to decide on which one that best suits them depending on their operating system.
Computer users should always pay attention when installing software into their computers. The software installer always includes options in which some of them include the mysearchsocial.com. This necessitates the need to very carefully on what one chooses to agree on before installing. Opting for custom installation is another way to avoid this browsers hijacker. One should not installer untrusted software as this may also bring MySearchSocial.com into your computer.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.9 to remove MySearchSocial.com Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of MySearchSocial.com from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall MySearchSocial.com from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “MySearchSocial.com” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling MySearchSocial.com” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove MySearchSocial.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove MySearchSocial.com from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.MySearchSocial.com, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove MySearchSocial.com add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the MySearchSocial.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove MySearchSocial.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove MySearchSocial.com from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.MySearchSocial.com, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove MySearchSocial.com from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove MySearchSocial.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove MySearchSocial.com from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove MySearchSocial.com extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove MySearchSocial.com infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.MySearchSocial.com/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove MySearchSocial.com infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove MySearchSocial.com infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove MySearchSocial.com from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “MySearchSocial.com” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the MySearchSocial.com string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “MySearchSocial.com” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the MySearchSocial.com path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove MySearchSocial.com from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains MySearchSocial.com string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove MySearchSocial.com from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains MySearchSocial.com. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove MySearchSocial.com from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains MySearchSocial.com. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove MySearchSocial.com registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the MySearchSocial.com files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the MySearchSocial.com files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove MySearchSocial.com with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove MySearchSocial.com with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”