My Chrome’s homepage is hijacked with with dozensearch.com. I tried to remove it from chrome’s settings but I wondered that it keeps coming back after reboot my computer. I used lots of method to fix it but not avail. However the stupid dozensearch.com is still in default and I cannot change it. Finally removed another search engage from default but can’t this one. Any ideas? Could I use the same steps for dozensearch.com? Thank you.
How to remove dozensearch.com from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Thank you for contacting us about this matter, we just have added some more definition of dozensearch.com into our adware definition. So we request you to please run our tool again (Adware Removal Tool). Here in this article we’ll explain you what is dozensearch.com and the manual steps how you can remove dozensearch.com from your computer for forever.
Dozensearch.com is a browser hijacker – a program that will change settings in browsers like Google Chrome or Safari without your permission for advertising purposes. It’s not going to delete your files or corrupt your hard drive, but that doesn’t mean it’s harmless. Far from it, in fact. Hijackers are actually a specialized kind of adware, written with the intention of promoting particular sites or products. Because the people who program hijackers know that they’ll usually be unwelcome (hence the term “potentially unwanted program”), they make them hard to uninstall – unless you know the one method that actually works. We do, and we’re happy to share it with you on our site, so keep reading and find out how you can get rid of dozensearch.com extremely irritating browser extension without fuss.
There’s one route onto your computer that dozensearch.com uses far more than any other, which is the “bundling” approach. What this means is that the adware is placed inside a file archive with another program, almost always a genuine one to avoid suspicion. When you run the installer for that program, you’ll have a choice of installation options – and like most people, you’ll probably opt for the quickest and simplest one. The problem is that with automatic installation you don’t get a chance to review the files the archive contains – so the browser hijacker can easily be installed without you even knowing! Occasionally, the hijacker may turn up as an attachment in a spam email, but with this particular program, this is quite rare.
Hijackers are designed to force you into visiting sponsored and promoted sites, and a trick nearly all of them use is to silently set your homepage to theirs, so that you’ll go straight there when you start up Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or whatever browser you prefer. You may also see it when you open an empty tab or use a shortcut to your default search page. The hijacker’s home page, like that of most similar plugins, is designed to fool you into thinking it’s a legitimate search site. Luckily, you can immediately tell if you’re sent there, since above the central text box is a large red and white logo with “Dozensearch.com” to the right of a magnifying glass graphic. There are other symptoms – for example, because hijackers often install tracking software, you can even find things starting to slow down noticeably.
Yes, although you do have to put in a little bit more effort while you’re browsing the web. There are several things that you can do to reduce the risk of your computer being infected. The first and most important is always to use trusted, secure, and well managed websites when you want to download files. This single step will hugely reduce your risk of having the unwanted plugin hitch a ride on another program you download. However, it won’t reduce the risk to zero, so you need to take a couple more precautions as well. When you install a new software package, regardless of where it’s come from, stop at the very first screen and switch from “quick install” to the “advanced” or “detailed” option. If you see any preselected toolbars or other addons, uncheck their boxes. Also, delete any bookmarks your browser has to sites and pages you don’t trust.
How to remove dozensearch.com?
There are basically two ways in which you can attempt to get rid of dozensearch.com a browser hijacker like this. However, one of them is a lot more complex and lengthy than the other. The slow, difficult option is to try to delete the adware on your own, by tracking down and erasing every single file. As well as being very tedious, this is prone to errors because dozensearch.com will try to cover its tracks and conceal some of its files in unusual parts of your hard drive. You could easily end up spending hours and still having a compromised computer at the end of it all! Fortunately, there’s a far easier, quicker, and more reliable way to remove the adware. You simply need to use a small software tool, written by experts in the subject, and run it according to the steps we’ve posted on this website. Our friendly guide will tell you how what to do step by step, and then you can relax as your computer is thoroughly cleaned of dozensearch.com! Follow the following steps.
Download Adware Remover Tool to remove dozensearch.com Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of dozensearch.com from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall dozensearch.com from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “dozensearch.com” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling dozensearch.com” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove dozensearch.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove dozensearch.com from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you will get www.dozensearch.com, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove dozensearch.com add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the dozensearch.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove dozensearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove dozensearch.com from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.dozensearch.com, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove dozensearch.com from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove dozensearch.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove dozensearch.com from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove dozensearch.com extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove dozensearch.com infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.dozensearch.com/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove dozensearch.com infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove dozensearch.com infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove dozensearch.com from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “dozensearch.com” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the dozensearch.com string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “dozensearch.com” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the dozensearch.com path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove dozensearch.com from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains dozensearch.com string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove dozensearch.com from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains dozensearch.com. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove dozensearch.com from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains dozensearch.com. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove dozensearch.com registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the dozensearch.com files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the dozensearch.com files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove dozensearch.com with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove dozensearch.com with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”