I am getting some ads which is stated “Ads by Unfriend Watch“, could you guys help me how to remove Ads by Unfriend from computer?
How to Remove Ads by Unfriend Watch from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Explanation & Solution
Sure, we’ll help you regarding this. It’s a type of adware which can cause a lot of annoyance. It will affect your Internet browser and add unwanted ads (Ads by Unfriend Watch) whenever you see any type of add space in any webpage. Actually, once it get into your computer, it will replace all the ads space from its own ad complain or adsense publisher accounts. It’s not a virus or a Trojan, so it won’t delete your vital data or won’t uninstall programs. However, it can still be dangerous if it leads you to visit unsafe websites, so Ads by Unfriend Watch is definitely something to get rid of when you notice it. Below we have given you the all the step by step instruction to remove it. Follow the following instructions.
This addon / extension pretends to provide a way for you to see who’s stop being your friend on social media. Because this is a popular desire, Ads by Unfriend Watch is more likely to be installed deliberately than other browser hijackers and similar software. Even so, it’s also sometimes installed without you being aware, for example if it’s included in a software package you’ve downloaded from a free file online.
This adware uses what’s known as a “virtual layer” / bundled , which allows it to place ads on top of certain content while you’re browsing. You’ll notice images on these sites being covered by ads and links which claim to be helping to keep the Unfriend Watch application free to use. In reality, they’re tracking your personal information and sending it to third parties. Since Unfriend Watch doesn’t do its promised job, uninstall it on sight.
Because Ads by Unfriend Watch is commonly installed with your knowledge, the advice here is a little different than with some unwanted plugins. Be skeptical of any claims that a program like this can help you track unfriending, and delete any emails that advertise Unfriend Watch without opening their attachments. You should still follow safe downloading procedure and get rid of programs obtained from sources that you don’t trust.
How to remove Ads by Unfriend Watch?
Ads by Unfriend Watch can affect all browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) so it’s not enough just to uninstall the application. You need to use the Windows Control Panel to do that first, but you’ll then need to follow our straightforward, friendly guide and run the recommended removal tool to let you do a cleanup and delete the extension completely from your PC. Follow the following guide.
Download Adware Remover Tool to remove Ads by Unfriend Watch Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of Ads by Unfriend Watch from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall Ads by Unfriend Watch from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “Ads by Unfriend Watch” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling Ads by Unfriend Watch” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove Ads by Unfriend Watch from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove Ads by Unfriend Watch add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the Ads by Unfriend Watch add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.2: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Ads by Unfriend Watch from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Ads by Unfriend Watch from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Ads by Unfriend Watch add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.2: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove Ads by Unfriend Watch from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove Ads by Unfriend Watch extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove Ads by Unfriend Watch infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.Ads by Unfriend Watch/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove Ads by Unfriend Watch infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove Ads by Unfriend Watch infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove Ads by Unfriend Watch from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Ads by Unfriend Watch” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Ads by Unfriend Watch string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “Ads by Unfriend Watch” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Ads by Unfriend Watch path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove Ads by Unfriend Watch from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains Ads by Unfriend Watch string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove Ads by Unfriend Watch from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains Ads by Unfriend Watch. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove Ads by Unfriend Watch from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Ads by Unfriend Watch. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove Ads by Unfriend Watch registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Ads by Unfriend Watch files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the Ads by Unfriend Watch files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove Ads by Unfriend Watch with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove Ads by Unfriend Watch with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”