I want to know the right way how to remove Ads by Shop Smart? Please help!!
How to remove Shop Smart Ads from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Explanation and Solution
Shop Smart Ads – How to remove the infection easily. Most people who constantly surf the net knows about viruses, trojans and worms. However, a new breed of malicious program is rapidly infecting the end users. This article is talking about browser hijackers, and Shop Smart Ads is one of the known threats from this category. If you think your system is infected with Shop Smart Ads, then read on as this article is going to teach you how to remove Shop Smart Ads.
Shop Smart Ads is one of those malicious programs infecting the web. Specifically, it is categorized as a browser hijacker. As the name suggests, the infection targets your Internet browser. It will change browser settings without your permission and install additional elements to achieve its program goals.
Since Shop Smart Ads targets your browser hijacker, most of the symptoms will show itself while you use your browser. The first sign is most likely the changing of the homepage, which usually changes to Shop Smart Ads website. Another good signs of infection are when you notice you see more than the usual amount of forced advertising and sudden redirection of browsing (especially when visiting search engines).
Shop Smart Ads’s primary mode of infection, like most browser hijackers out there, is through the bundled software download. In short, if your system is infected with Shop Smart Ads, then it’s probably because you have downloaded something from the Internet and Shop Smart Ads came and installed itself as part of the software bundle.
Since you know now the primary mode of Shop Smart Ads’s infection, then the best way to prevent future infection is to be cautious when downloading anything from the web. If you are not sure what you are downloading, then its best that you don’t.
The good news is that Shop Smart Ads is not that difficult to remove if you use the right tools. All you need is an effective and legitimate anti-malware software. The software should be able to detect the infection and remove it for you instantly. Also, an anti-malware can prevent the entry of Shop Smart Ads into your system, halting the infection in its tracks.
Shop Smart Ads is one of the most widespread browser hijackers in the web. It is primarily spreads through a bundled software download. It targets your browser and changes the settings without your permission. Removal and prevention is best achieved through the use of an effective anti-malware software
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.9 to remove Ads by Shop Smart Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of Ads by Shop Smart from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall Ads by Shop Smart from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “Ads by Shop Smart” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling Ads by Shop Smart” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove Ads by Shop Smart from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove Ads by Shop Smart add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the Ads by Shop Smart add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.2: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Ads by Shop Smart from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Ads by Shop Smart from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Ads by Shop Smart add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.2: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove Ads by Shop Smart from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove Ads by Shop Smart extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove Ads by Shop Smart infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.Ads by Shop Smart/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove Ads by Shop Smart infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove Ads by Shop Smart infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove Ads by Shop Smart from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Ads by Shop Smart” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Ads by Shop Smart string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “Ads by Shop Smart” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Ads by Shop Smart path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove Ads by Shop Smart from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains Ads by Shop Smart string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove Ads by Shop Smart from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains Ads by Shop Smart. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove Ads by Shop Smart from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Ads by Shop Smart. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove Ads by Shop Smart registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Ads by Shop Smart files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the Ads by Shop Smart files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove Ads by Shop Smart with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove Ads by Shop Smart with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”