I am getting unexpected popups ads which is stated “Ads by CouponJumbo” ads on my Internet Explorer. How to remove Ads by CouponJumbo from my computer? please help!!
How to remove Ads by CouponJumbo Ads from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Answer: Explanation & Solution
Ads by CouponJumbo – which you’ll sometimes see referred to as simply “CouponJumbo” – is another of the tiresome group of unwanted extensions known as browser hijackers. It’s not really a virus or Trojan, since it won’t cause any damage to your files or corrupt your data, but that doesn’t stop it from being extremely annoying. If you’ve been affected and want to know how to remove Ads by CouponJumbo, continue reading below to know about it and also know the step by step removal instruction.
The developers of this hijacker make arrangements with the providers of other software to bundle it together with those programs. That means that, if you obtain a seemingly legitimate program from a free software download site, it can often have Ads by CouponJumbo included in the package. The people who make the adware rely on the fact that most users want to install programs quickly, so use the Default or Express install options and don’t check what’s going onto their PCs.
The surest sign that your computer has been infected is that your web browser will start behaving oddly. Whether you use Google Chrome or another browser like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, the symptoms are similar – lots of sponsored links and ads in search results, as well as random redirections taking you to coupons websites you didn’t ask for. You may also find your computer running slowly thanks to the tracking software it uses.
Happily, it’s quite simple to reduce your risk of being affected by this plugin. Make sure you’re always careful and observant about which websites you go to, especially if they offer free downloads, and never use one that you don’t trust. When you do decide to install a software package, use the Custom install option to allow you to keep an eye on exactly what’s happening to your PC.
What’s the best way to delete Ads by CouponJumbo?
Although it’s technically possible to get rid of Ads by CouponJumbo manually, this is not something that is recommended for most users, because it’s time-consuming and tricky for who are computer savvy. Another better option is to remove the unwanted extension (Ads by CouponJumbo) with a specially-designed removal tool that can carry out the necessary steps automatically. Our user-friendly guide will explain how you can do this easily, and get your computer running smoothly again. Both of the options we have mentioned below you can choose one of them.
Download Adware Remover Tool to remove Ads by CouponJumbo Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of Ads by CouponJumbo from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall Ads by CouponJumbo from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “Ads by CouponJumbo” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling Ads by CouponJumbo” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove Ads by CouponJumbo from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove Ads by CouponJumbo add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the Ads by CouponJumbo add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.2: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Ads by CouponJumbo from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Ads by CouponJumbo from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Ads by CouponJumbo add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.2: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove Ads by CouponJumbo from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove Ads by CouponJumbo extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove Ads by CouponJumbo infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.Ads by CouponJumbo/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove Ads by CouponJumbo infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove Ads by CouponJumbo infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove Ads by CouponJumbo from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Ads by CouponJumbo” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Ads by CouponJumbo string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “Ads by CouponJumbo” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Ads by CouponJumbo path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove Ads by CouponJumbo from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains Ads by CouponJumbo string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove Ads by CouponJumbo from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains Ads by CouponJumbo. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove Ads by CouponJumbo from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Ads by CouponJumbo. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove Ads by CouponJumbo registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Ads by CouponJumbo files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the Ads by CouponJumbo files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove Ads by CouponJumbo with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove Ads by CouponJumbo with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”