I am facing an issue that 4-you.net has taken over my homepage of Google chrome. I checked all the settings but doesn’t appear 4-you.net anywhere in Google chrome settings. I am afraid that How to remove 4-you.net from my computer. Please help me on that matter.
How to remove 4-you.net from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Explanation & Solution
The 4-you.net Redirect Adware is a browser hijacker. Its main purpose is to hijack the browser in order to display advertisements and create income for third parties. It takes over the browser settings and it redirects the users to illegitimate websites that display many pop ups and excessive ads. They are deceptive as they mostly contain irrelevant information and try to convince the user to purchase. It’s risky to access these websites as they are mostly scams and can contain Trojans that will compromise the security of your computer even further. Once it’s activated, the 4-you.net Redirect Adware can even keep track of confidential information like log in IDs, bank accounts, password and other very sensitive data, especially if the user shares this data with the promoted websites. The 4-you.net Redirect Adware can infect all types of Windows versions. It can pass through some antivirus applications and security firewalls.
This browser hijacker functions as a redirect adware and affects the online experience of the user. Though the 4-you.net search looks like a search engine, it shouldn’t be relied upon. The sole purpose of the 4-you.net and of the ads that it displays is to generate money from traffic. When the 4-you.net Redirect Adware enters the system, the computer will be more vulnerable to malware, Trojans and further adware. 4-you.net itself could install more adware and spyware. It can block the access to the Task Manager. This redirect adware roots in any browser so the user won’t be able to switch to a different browser to avoid the inconveniences caused by 4-you.net to the default browser. It can access your browsing history and mislead by redirecting to sponsored websites to generate sales. By knowing what you’re interested in, it can display related ads and deceive the user into buying from harmful websites. These business deals are unethical and will most likely scam the customer.
The most frequently encountered symptom is that the default homepage is changed to 4-you.net, a blue page for 4-you.net Search. This search redirects the user to sponsored websites. The new tabs will be affected as well. Odd icons might appear on the desktop though the user doesn’t remember installing any of them. When you try to change the settings, they get blocked by a strange error message. All the accessed web pages are full of pop ups and you might get pop ups even when you’re not browsing the Internet. The search results are mostly made of sponsored third-party websites.
The 4-you.net Redirect Adware comes into the computer bundled with various freeware applications, as attachment included in spam emails or through malicious websites that require you to download software. Whenever you download freeware from shady sources and you skip reading the End User License Agreement, you might unwillingly agree to install this redirect adware into your system. Anytime you accept additional plug ins or additional software during installing freeware, you might unwarily accept getting all kinds of infections.
Keep your antivirus software up to date. Be very cautious with emails from unknown senders. Don’t download attachments as they often contain dangerous software that will infect your computer. If you access unfamiliar websites, don’t be tricked to download various types of additional software that will allow you to enjoy all of their features. This strategy is frequently used by online streaming websites that require you to install programs in order to view miscellaneous videos, series or movies. Whenever you install freeware, the installer could include optional install such as the 4-you.net Redirect Adware that can affect your online experience. Decline installing any plug ins that you don’t know about as they can be harmful.
4-you.net can be removed automatically by using reliable virus removal or anti-malware tools or manually by eliminating each of its files from your PC. The virus and anti-malware tools will detect the problem and delete any dangerous files from the system. The manual removal involves getting rid of all the third party attachments that allows 4-you.net to gain access to your computer. Look in the list of installed programs and uninstall 4-you.net. Uninstall any other suspicious software. Open all of your browsers and delete any extensions or add-ons related to the 4-you.net Redirect Adware. If you’re not sure which of them belong to this hijacker, remove all the ones that are unfamiliar to you and you don’t remember adding them to serve a certain purpose. Delete the history of browsed web pages. The 4-you Redirect Adware can create copies of itself in several locations of the computer. So make sure you search well and eliminate all the replicas.
Steps to Remove 4-you.net from your computer.
We have mentioned below the steps how to get rid of 4-you.net homepage. You just need follow the following instructions and get rid of 4-you.net adware.
1. Automatic Fixit
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.9 to remove 4-you.net Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of 4-you.net from registry as well.
2. Manual Steps
Step 1: To Uninstall 4-you.net from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “4-you.net” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling 4-you.net” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove 4-you.net from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove 4-you.net from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.4-you.net, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove 4-you.net add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the 4-you.net add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove 4-you.net from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove 4-you.net from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.4-you.net, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove 4-you.net from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove 4-you.net add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove 4-you.net from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove 4-you.net extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove 4-you.net infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.4-you.net/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove 4-you.net infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove 4-you.net infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove 4-you.net from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “4-you.net” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the 4-you.net string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “4-you.net” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the 4-you.net path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove 4-you.net from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains 4-you.net string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove 4-you.net from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains 4-you.net. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove 4-you.net from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains 4-you.net. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove 4-you.net registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the 4-you.net files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the 4-you.net files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove 4-you.net with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove 4-you.net with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”