How to Enable and Disable Protected Mode in Internet Explorer
1. Start Internet Explorer
2. Twice click on Protected Mode status bar.
Please note: Inside Internet Explorer , you will have to push ALT key first before you’ll start to see the Tools menu.
4. Inside the Security tab, pick the zone that you would like to make protected mode off or on.
5. To make On Protected Mode: Look into the Enable Protected Mode box, and then click Apply.
6. To Turn Off Protected Mode: Uncheck the Enable Protected Mode box, and then click OK.
7. Repeat methods 4 to 6 in order to turn protected mode off or on for almost any other zone.
8. Then click on OK.
9. Shut Down and re-open Internet Explorer in order to apply the changes.